How Much Water??

does anybody know how much water i should be taking in on an average day. what about days with intensive training? thx colton

There is no exact number. You should drink enough water such that hydration is not an issue. This means your bladder shouldn’t constantly feel like it’s going to explode.

Generally, if you have to take a leak more than once an hour, you’ll probably drinking too much water. You also shouldn’t feel like you have cotton mouth. The important thing is to avoid dehydration:

I realize you’re only 13, so you want an exact number rather than a guideline. But I would be lying to you if I gave you any numbers. It’s just something you’ll have to go on feel.

So the best thing you can do is read and memorize the symptoms of dehydration. Although it’s possible to over hydrate (called hyponatremia, if you want to learn more), this is not likely to be an issue.

[quote]akwrestler wrote:
does anybody know how much water i should be taking in on an average day. what about days with intensive training? thx colton[/quote]

3litres min non-trainng days & 5 litres min training days. I dont include PWO shakes in this amount to aim for.

more.

One litre per 45 lbs bodyweight.

Your weight in pounds X 0.6 = ounces per day on non-workout days. Adjust upwards for workouts. Adjust sodium and potassium for bloating. Start increasing in stages to let your body get used to the extra water.
Phileaux

[quote]wangster wrote:
more.[/quote]

Bang on.

More food too.