How Much Water Do You Drink Per Day?

I searched and there seemed to be no threads of exactly this type…I’m just curious because I was reading this old Thibs article Shredded in 6 Days and he recommends drinking 2.5-3 gallons per day leading up to a show/photoshoot/whatever. Last week I tracked how much I drink on a normal day and I’m actually right at 2 gallons per day already. I’m starting to think I drink too much water…

For me it depends. Usually its anywhere from 1-2 gallons. But as of the last couple days I’ve been recieving awful bloating/cramping and its really close to 0.5-1 gallon.

I was drinking a Gallon a day then decided to up my water intake because i was taking more supps. Next thing i know i’m drinking 1 1/2 easy. Now i’m drinking 2 gallons a day. Which is fine on a daily basis in my opinion. Just depends on how much you weigh, what you eat and take during the day. How physical you are and yaddaa yaddaaa.

I’ve seen some articles saying 1 gallon a day and i’ve seen some that say 2 gallons. I’ve seen articles that say girls should drink a gallon a day( leads me to think guys should drink 2)

As long as i pee clear and everything continues to be regular i will continue to drink 1 1/2 to 2 gallons a day…

If you want to follow the article i’d suggest trying to contact CT or lowering your does to 1 to 1 1/2 gallons a day for like a week first.

*** If your drinking 2 gallons and the article says 2.5 to 3 then drink 2.5 to 3 gallons a day if you want to follow the article. That half a gallon to a gallon will def. make a huge difference…

I suppose I’m just over 1 gallon now that I’m thinking about it, mainly thanks to peri-workout. Not to get off topic, what’s the rule of thumb of clear pee? I assumed as long as it isn’t dark your in the ok but if it’s always clear you might be over hydrating?

Haven’t had any problems yet, but added in some Noops and always wanting to get the best out of supps. (not stressing anyway)

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
I suppose I’m just over 1 gallon now that I’m thinking about it, mainly thanks to peri-workout. Not to get off topic, what’s the rule of thumb of clear pee? I assumed as long as it isn’t dark your in the ok but if it’s always clear you might be over hydrating?

Haven’t had any problems yet, but added in some Noops and always wanting to get the best out of supps. (not stressing anyway)[/quote]

Assuming you are getting in plenty of sodium, it’s pretty hard to overdo water consumption unless your intake is something absurd.

There was a thread like this a while ago, some people can down water all day long and yet they still never piss clear.

I drink when I’m thirsty.

I don’t follow the over-hydrate BS.

I really dont think drinking more than a gallon a day for anyone who isnt prepping for a contest is necessary but do notice a significant difference in my energy levels during a workout if i am not properly hydrated. I generally drink from a 22 oz water bottle at work, and on a workout day i will probably drink 3 - 4 of those at work, another glass mixed with some preworkout supps, and then sip from the waterfountain while im working out. I wouldnt say its more than a gallon.

Since starting the anabolic diet, about 6 litres a day (i think that’s about 1.5 gallons?), and I still have a dry mouth!

Feeling much better, however, that I removed sugar-free soft drink.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I don’t follow the over-hydrate BS. [/quote]
Same here, some days i’ll drink maybe 5 glasses of water and be fully hydrated and peeing clear.

Some days i’ll be hammering down water and still be thirsty/peeing a deepish yellow.

It really just depends on the day.

I drink about 4 liters a day.

That comes out to be a little over 1 gallon… I think.

Depends on the person.
No idea what I drink over the full day but I’ll easily down 5 litres during a workout, sometimes more. Then again I have yet to meet a human being that sweats more than I do.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I find once you get accustomed to drinking large amounts of water, you feel dehydrated much easier. I use to aim for a gallon a day, now it just feels natural to drink that much without trying.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I find once you get accustomed to drinking large amounts of water, you feel dehydrated much easier. I use to aim for a gallon a day, now it just feels natural to drink that much without trying.
[/quote]

I think its because you become more aware of how different you feel during the latter end of a workout when not as well hydrated. I used to never pay attention to how much water i drank, didnt matter to me. Now that i do make sure to hydrate properly though, i can tell a huge difference in how i feel when i havent drank as much water at the gym.

I wouldnt say my energy levels are higher when properly hydrated, but i dont fatigue nearly as quickly. Very important to hydrate well on workout days imo

The basic rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in ounces.
A 200lb person would drink 100-ounces per day…just over 6 (16-ounce) bottles daily.

I believe I’ve heard that if youre taking a lot of B vitamins, it will make your urine yellow, even if you are very hydrated.

I have no idea how much water I really drink daily, it probably varies. I dont drink much and my urine is rarely clear.

But I will say that I always seem to be drinking the most water when I go out to eat at a restaurant.