How Much Training is Too Much?

AS far as being in a mass cycle and wanted to get big as possible. How much out of gym excersises is too much.
Like when should you be worried your progress is being delayed because you cant recover. For example on all 3 off days you have sports and some weight training days you run and stuff like that. Im just curious to see thanks

It’s different for everyone. As long as you still feel good and the poundages you’re moving are going up, I don’t think there is a problem.

If you are not making progress in the gym, you are not recovering. That simple. Everyone can handle a different workload.

2-3 days of rest per muscle group. You can do 3 full body wo’s a week or 4 days a week with 2 day splits. Only you can determine your recovery period, but it’s usually 2-3 days.

It really depends on your own body. I agree with Rockscar for a majority of people out there, but you have to test your own body. My body can handle 6 days a week of training easy (3 weight days and 3 cardio days) and sometimes I still throw in an extra session here and there on an off day or if I feel like a 2 a day…

I also have a good buddy who qualified for the olympic qualifiers (that sounds redundant), he is doing 2 a days x 6 days a week for the last 3 months and is showing no signs of slowing down.

Conversely I have a friend who is into powerlifting that has seen huge gains hitting the gym 2-3 days a week and thats it.

Point being: test your body, it will tell you if you are over-training.

Everybody is different so it really boils down to an individual thing so you will just have to experiment to find what works for you. But make sure you have your nutrition and sleep dialed into to maximize recovery if you do intend to up the frequency of training.

When combining lifting with a sport, one does need to be careful.

I know for me when i was lifting and taking martial arts; sometimes my legs were just exhausted from doing both(i was dong a lot kick boxing). Nobody had to tell me i was doing to much…i just knew…if you cant feel a body part is exhausted during your sport; then its not being overworked.