T Nation

How Much T Cyp Should I Take?

I started about 6 months ago taking Androgel at the docs recommendation. My total test was at 191. I have two little babies so I switched to Test Cypionate. I was prescribed 200mg every other week. Well I did that for about a month and didn’t feel very well. I was talking to a bodybuilding friend of mine (yes, he’s legit…will get pro card this year) and he told me that that was going to have a yo-yo effect on my system.

So, I started taking 200mg’s a week and have felt great for a few months now. The only drawback is some back and shoulder acne. I have recently moved to another state and saw a new doc and my total test level was at 538 and she recommend I take 200mg every two weeks…lol. She wasn’t that versed in TRT as she kept having to go to her office and “research”.

I told her the story and she said “based on current research, that what I’m prescribing”. So, my question is: Of course I would like to gain some size and strength, but also feel better and not harm myself for the future. Should I continue with what I’ve been doing or take the docs advice?? Thanks for any help!

[quote]BigDesert wrote:
I started about 6 months ago taking Androgel at the docs recommendation. My total test was at 191. I have two little babies so I switched to Test Cypionate. I was prescribed 200mg every other week. Well I did that for about a month and didn’t feel very well. I was talking to a bodybuilding friend of mine (yes, he’s legit…will get pro card this year) and he told me that that was going to have a yo-yo effect on my system.

So, I started taking 200mg’s a week and have felt great for a few months now. The only drawback is some back and shoulder acne. I have recently moved to another state and saw a new doc and my total test level was at 538 and she recommend I take 200mg every two weeks…lol. She wasn’t that versed in TRT as she kept having to go to her office and “research”.

I told her the story and she said “based on current research, that what I’m prescribing”. So, my question is: Of course I would like to gain some size and strength, but also feel better and not harm myself for the future. Should I continue with what I’ve been doing or take the docs advice?? Thanks for any help![/quote]

200mg a week should put you way above 538 TT. Also i would divide that 200mg every 2 weeks into 4 50mg injections. 2 per week.

This will get rid of the wicked swings you are currently experiencing.

Read the stickies, there is a huge amount of info there.

I don"t get how your taking 200mg a week and in the 500’s that’s insane… If he lowers the dose how is this going to help? No offense KSman but he isn’t going to find anything about 200 mg’s a week and a total T of 538 in the stickies…

Well, for the last 2-3 weeks I was only taking 3/4 of 1cc (so whatever that is) since I was running out and couldn’t find a doc to prescribe. Also, I was due for my next injection the day of the blood test. I did this on purpose to show lower levels. That may explain why it was lower. Now that I have a new prescription with refills (as of yesterday)…I’m good to go. I just need to figure out if I can go back to taking 1cc (200mg) a week or just take 100mg a week. My concern is this…since I’m not “cycling” it is safe to stay on a 200/week dose indefinitely even though that’s higher than what was prescribed? Also, my next question would be…can you do a “cycle” while on TRT?

I’m gonna take a page out of KSman’s book and tell you to read the stickies. It’s clear that you want to benefit physicaly from a cycle and also want to run a higher level of test than what is prescribed. Getting your hormones straightened out should be your priority. 100mg/week is the amount of test that will get most guys back to normal levels. Discuss adding an AI to your protocol. Once you have done that then you could the decision to “Blast and Cruise”. This is when you Cycle (Blast) while on a TRT protocol and then return to your regular doctor prescribed T (cruis). Search the forum for Blast and Cruise threads.

[quote]Hook24 wrote:
I’m gonna take a page out of KSman’s book and tell you to read the stickies. It’s clear that you want to benefit physicaly from a cycle and also want to run a higher level of test than what is prescribed. Getting your hormones straightened out should be your priority. 100mg/week is the amount of test that will get most guys back to normal levels. Discuss adding an AI to your protocol. Once you have done that then you could the decision to “Blast and Cruise”. This is when you Cycle (Blast) while on a TRT protocol and then return to your regular doctor prescribed T (cruis). Search the forum for Blast and Cruise threads. [/quote]

Thanks! That helps a ton. SInce I’m new on here, I’m trying to figure out what “stickies” are? Sorry never really been on a forum…

I was in your shoes about a year ago so I know where you’re coming from. The stickies are the threads at the top of the forum where there are yellow stickers beside them. They contain the most information regarding the topics in the title. They are also the most accurate and all inclusive areas to educate yourself on the topics. In order to digest the info you will have to read them over and over and understand all the acronyms. Use the search feature to find threads that cover the topics you want to discuss. Chances are someone has asked the question before. Good luck.