How Much Sleep Do You Need on TRT?

Have heard some need less while others need more since going on TRT.

If you don’t get full sleep by an hour or two, how does it impact you?

Also, I’ve noticed I’m sleeping much better since TRT, not sure if anyone else has noticed the same thing themselves.

I slept worse at first, pretty much the same now. I think I sleep slightly less but it’s within 30 mins, not a major difference imo

I start sleeping better and waking earlier feeling more rested after only one 7mg injection, things happen very quickly. After only one week I’m sleeping like a baby.

@systemlord @ncsugrad2002 Ever tried tracking your sleep? REM? And seeing how it affects energy, mood, hormones, etc.

Nope. I’ve been curious about it though

I’ve used my Samsung watch to show my sleep. Looks like I toss and turn a lot plus I wake up throughout the night to piss 1 or 2 times. I do feel like my sleep isn’t great. I need minimum 8 hours to function. For me I need more sleep on TRT.

1 Like

looks like we have the same sleeping pattern

How accurate do you think your phone is? I’ve looked into products that track heartbeats and other bodily metrics, but they tend to cost a few hundred dollars. Only would do that if the other options sucked.

@marcus007
The phone is not as accurate as my watch since my watch is physically attached to me and monitors movement, bpm, etc. The Samsung watch is very accurate. You can get a used one cheap online if you just want to use it for that. I have the gear S3. I hear the Samsung “active” watch has loads of cool shit like blood pressure.

Maybe you would need way less sleep if you had enough time on REM. To me it’s interesting because your body regenerates its hormones when it sleeps, but if we receive hormones androgenously, the same sleep function might not apply.

Yeah let me know how to do that

@marcus007
When you have free time listen to this. It’s the most informative podcast I’ve probably ever listened to. It’s Joe Rogan podcast with sleep expert Dr Matthew Walker and it’s so f—ing good you won’t believe it.

My solution was TRT. Have found the book “Sleep Smarter” useful too. Other people I’ve known have found great success with those sleep machines you put on your face while sleeping… I’d only do that after exploring all other options since it looks dorky as fuck.

Thanks, will check it out. Hope Joe gets a TRT expert on one of these days. Lmao he could even just bring his own doctor on.

@marcus007
My two best friends both have CPAP machines and they are both 5’10-6’0 250lb gigantic bodybuilders. It was life changing for them. I need to get a sleep study done myself just been lazy but I think now is the time.

I’m serious don’t put off listening to that podcast. It’s so damn good.

Lol I just watched the RZA podcast that came out today. If I can do that, I’ll watch something productive like #1109

And I definetly need to do a sleep study too. Honestly probably should have done one pre-TRT, except now I’m doomed to people complimenting my body on the regular… oh well.

@marcus007
Being jacked and tan is a hard life my friend.

Insurance covers the at-home sleep studies now so it’s really easy to do.

Ok, will look into this going forward. Like how we’re keen on hormones, I know people obsessed with their sleep metrics. World class athletes also tend to be obsessed with their sleep quality, lesson in there.

Edit: Let’s be honest, tons of them are also obsessed with hormones and PEDs hush hush

No change, five or six hours. Workouts will suffer with less, better with more.

1 Like

My sleep generally sucks. I have no problems at all going to sleep, I just can’t stay there.

The only time I ever really get a decent full nights sleep is when I have a protein shake with a half of a banana blended in it right before I go to sleep. That’s hard to do consistently though because I can only eat when I’m hungry, and if I have dinner too late (working late or whatever) I can’t seem to be able to add the shake on top of it. If I feel too full I have a hard time getting to sleep.