How Much Should I Weigh?

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]boss man wrote:
since your only 5’6 i wouldn’t weigh more then 170lbs max that should give you some size but remember don’t eat lots of fat just to gain size you don’t want to be 170 of fat.[/quote]

Stop giving advice. Dietary fat does not make you fat inherently, not to mention 5’6" could be a beastly frame for the 198’s or more.[/quote]

You better update your subscription to FLEX. Fat makes you fat. It’s called fat for goodness sakes. It’s science.

I actually heard there are idiots out there that think that eating a shit ton of carbs make you fat. Pshhhhhh…idiots.

Sometimes… I wonder if I lobotomized certain regions of my brain that I would get along with more people…

OMG THAT LINK SAID I should be between 95lbs and 128…

95!!! HOLY FUCK THAT WOULD BE DISGUSTING!!!
BARFBARFBARFBARFBARF

I should weight between 144lbs and 194lbs …

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

“You should be about 171 pounds, but anything from 150 and 192 pounds is still OK.”

LOL I weigh 240

OP I am much of a beginner mysellf so take my advice for what is… I am 5’7" at best and weigh in 200lbs on the . and I am pretty small to be really competitive… Now I am primarily a strongman competitor so I am sure for powerlifting its a bit different but, at 147lbs you are skinny… probably really skinny. Start eating much more and lifting(if your not).

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
I am class 3 morbidly obese by the BMI scale. This has caused me to be unable to get anything except high risk health insurance through the state. The same insurance AIDS patients and crack heads have to get, I now have because I was 6’2’’ 275 when I signed up for it. I think I am supposed to be 100lbs lighter in order to be healthy. This world is a piece of shit.

My rates just got jacked up another 30 bucks a month just because they can.[/quote]

I got my insurance when I was 205 thank god. Im slowly creeping into the 30-fat weight class. Maryland frowns upon this…

The good news is in a couple years, when the final provisions of the ACA take effect, insurance companies can not be discriminated against for being a huge fat ass…so bulk up bitches!

Obvious troll job here folks.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
There is no such thing as being overweight. Only overfat.
[/quote]

Exactly! I don’t think there is a perfect height/weight ratio for anyone, regardless whether they powerlift or bodybuild or crossfit or whatever. I am only like 5’6 but I weigh over 210 at a level of leanness that suits me and my sport. I am just naturally thick. Some people are 5’8 but by virtue of their build and genetics, can only fill to maybe 185 or whatever.

Eat smart, train samrt, and I have no doubt you would be at least a 165lb lifter.

WOW, I’m supposed to be between 118 to 159! Only 60 more lbs to lose! I haven’t been 159 since I was 14.

5’6" 147 are pretty good stats for an athletic woman. Eat and lift until you are one of the more muscular guys at your gym. Start with trying to fill out the 165 class, then set your sights on the 181s.

I will look and perform pretty good when i am 200+ lbs _ 10%bf

Forget about your weight right now. Try to get as strong as possible and eat like someone who is building muscle not dieting for a contest. As you get stronger your body will fill out naturally. You will gain weight…don’t become an “under 200lb fat guy” focus on being an efficient technical lifter. The weight should not be your priority…building your squat, dead, and bench should be.

Find a meet about 6 months out from now and train your ass off with a solid program to get you there. Compete at your walking around weight. Get some experience…then evaluate your results at the meet…your technique…the training ( what worked what didnt). Then you’ll be ready to look at your weight and decide what to do. Warning…eating well, getting enough sleep, and training may give you the weight class answer your looking for.

Welcome to the tribe.