How Much Protein Should I Consume?

in a restrictive way? god no. I was more worried about 400g being not enough.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
in a restrictive way? god no. I was more worried about 400g being not enough.[/quote]

Not the point. The main issue again is NOT how much protein…UNLESS YOU ARE DIETING. If that is your primary focus when gaining, it is likely your diet is restrictive.

Protein becomes more important the fewer calories you consume.

Do you understand now that your progress is NOT just related to protein intake?

Further, I don’t always need 400gr of protein so why do you?

point. possibly where you said “protein becomes more important the more calories you consume” is most important. mr. popular had already commented on this, but I have way too much shit swimming in my head from years of reading articles instead of applying basic common sense. as it were, “emptying my cup” of useless info is also a big challenge for me.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
point. possibly where you said “protein becomes more important the more calories you consume” is most important. mr. popular had already commented on this, but I have way too much shit swimming in my head from years of reading articles instead of applying basic common sense. as it were, “emptying my cup” of useless info is also a big challenge for me.
[/quote]

I can tell.

That is why I posted what I did.

Dude this shit is simple. So simple a bona fide retard can make progress.

1. Pick shit up & put it down
  2. Eat food
  3. Sleep
  4. repeat @ step 1

Do this for years, you will get where you are trying to go.

Once you master that, you will add in complication as needed almost naturally.

well thanks for the confirmation fellas. now to just fucking eat!

Hey Jersey,

Don’t be too hard on yourself. I am 47, and just started putting on muscle two years ago. I tried in my 20’s, and 30’s, and I couldn’t get it done. So I get that you feel like you have wasted time… :slight_smile:
It hurts like a bitch when I lift now…and I only imagine how much easier it would be on a 30 year old body.

In fact, two years ago I wasted practically a whole year lifting and not ingesting enough food or protein.
I was getting about 70-90 g protein, not sleeping well, etc.

It will come, in due time. I wish I was still 30, but I’m not. AND, I can outwork anyone close to my age in the gym…still at my age. It’s coming along well, about 40 pounds in the last year and a half. And it is all a mix of everything together. I only started using a Carb supp about 7 months ago… But I have finally gotten everything into place now.

THEN, last week, I catch a synus infection. Been out of the gym for a week resting so I can get rid of it.
Back in finally tomorrow…

Keep at it, and you will do fine !

As to the other gentleman’s point, I actually don’t get the whole 200 g of protein anymore…and yes the Carbs do a LOT and allow me to coast more on the protein…which when you ingest tons of it, is actually a little hard on your liver. I weigh about 197 now. The more I got away from adding my protein g up each day, and getting back to more real food, the easier this has become.

thanks for the kind words, old man Texas! haha I can’t imagine how you feel getting out of bed… some days doing that seems like a bad idea already, and I’m still a kid.