How Much Protein is Too Much?

Just looked at how much protein im taking in and its about 1.55xBW, which compared to what thib recommends on the carb cycling codex aint much difference (recommends 1.5xBW).

…But was wondering how much till it plays with your kidneys? Renal function? Studies/links to support it would be fantastic.

Rob

a study showing that a high protein intake damages the kidneys of healthy test subjects would be harder to find.

Not everyone will have the same tolerance levels, so you can’t give exact figures. There is no need to eat more than ~2g/lb body weight daily in my opinion - I rarely go over this anyhow.

As long as your calories are at the correct level for adding weight, and you have adequate protein (at least 1g/lb) then you will be fine.

1.49xBW you might want to take one less bite of protein, then you should be fine

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
1.49xBW you might want to take one less bite of protein, then you should be fine[/quote]

Hahaha!

OP, like it has been said already, tolerances are different for everyone. I will say that when I started to clean up my diet, it took a few months to get my system accustomed to the additional protein.

Also, you might try different kinds of protein powder if you are supplementing with that, to find one that doesn’t give you “gastric distress” and you start losing friends.

1.5XBW is pretty standard for most of the old heads on this board. Some will be higher, closer to 2XBW but you won’t find anyone recommending anything less than at least 1XBW.