How Much Protein Do You Eat?

Just looking to get an idea of how much protein some of you guys are pounding down relative to your body weight

For example, me personally:

Weight: 193lb
Protein: ~300g/day
Protein/lb: 1.55g/lb

I added up Professor X’s yesterday just out of curiosity and it came out to be about 600g which is probably the 2nd highest I’ve ever heard of someone taking in (I believe Kai Green has said he takes up to 1000g) but considering that’s only a little over 2g/lb the relative amount isn’t unheard of for such a big guy. No need to post if you’re just getting started lifting or if you look like you’re just getting started.

Thanks

I’m currently about 200lbs give or take and ingesting about 280 grams daily.

bro just eat take a fork and put some steak on it

I only eat around 150-170.

Im at 200 lbs and I usually get from 300 to 350. I try to throw in a day where I only get 180-200 as a semi-low protein day once a week too.

[quote]Brotha123 wrote:
bro just eat take a fork and put some steak on it[/quote]

this is beautiful poetry.

was 250 - 300, but with the full Anaconda protocol, probably averaging 350 or so.

S

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Just looking to get an idea of how much protein some of you guys are pounding down relative to your body weight

I added up Professor X’s yesterday just out of curiosity and it came out to be about 600g which is probably the 2nd highest I’ve ever heard of someone taking in (I believe Kai Green has said he takes up to 1000g) but considering that’s only a little over 2g/lb the relative amount isn’t unheard of for such a big guy. No need to post if you’re just getting started lifting or if you look like you’re just getting started.

Thanks[/quote]

I really don’t think I eat quite that much. My only other protein source aside from food lately is that MAG-10 and ANACONDA.

I’ve never added it up before though.

about 300g at 200lbs

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

I really don’t think I eat quite that much. My only other protein source aside from food lately is that MAG-10 and ANACONDA.

I’ve never added it up before though.[/quote]
Well I was going off of what you posted in another thread. 2 50g shakes, 2 35g shakes and 3lb. of steak. Assuming steak has about 9g/oz thats 4*9=432 + 170g = 602g/day plus whatever you get from anaconda and the small amounts in the rice/potatoes/etc…

when i actually plan my meals I can get to about 400 grams…that’s when I’m going lights out.

morning

banana
double scoop Metabolic Drive Shake
egg whites (who knows how many, i just pour from a carton)
cottage cheese *couple sppons)
oats

that’s my shake for breakfast and before bed

there are two or three Grow! Whey shakes mixed with water and spinach during school and work

four to six chicken breasts and one or two fillets of fish with beans spread over three meals

Surge Recovery and Surge Workout Fuel before during and after training

yea,

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

I’ve never added it up before though.[/quote]
Well I was going off of what you posted in another thread. 2 50g shakes, 2 35g shakes and 3lb. of steak. Assuming steak has about 9g/oz thats 4*9=432 + 170g = 602g/day plus whatever you get from anaconda and the small amounts in the rice/potatoes/etc…[/quote]

I’m currently not drinking any other protein shakes. I wanted to see if I would lose any muscle by allowing the MAG-10 to be my primary supplemental source of it.

You may not be far off, but I really don’t calculate things out like that. I go by any results seen.

I’m sure I eat a ridiculous amount, I haven’t ever calc’d it out though…

10 eggs, 3-4 pounds of steak, 2x 50g whey +EVOO shakes, cottage cheese + PB at night, and not to mention I have 100g whey before training, 25g during, and 100g after. I’m sure I’m pretty high haha

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

10 eggs, 3-4 pounds of steak, 2x 50g whey +EVOO shakes, cottage cheese + PB at night, and not to mention I have 100g whey before training, 25g during, and 100g after. I’m sure I’m pretty high haha[/quote]

10 eggs = 60g
3.5lb steak = ~500g
2x50g shake = 100g
~2 cups cottage cheese = 60g
100+25+100 peri-workout = 225g
Total: ~945g/day

wow…

I don’t pay too much attention but the times I have paid attention I was about 200-300 gr a day.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

10 eggs, 3-4 pounds of steak, 2x 50g whey +EVOO shakes, cottage cheese + PB at night, and not to mention I have 100g whey before training, 25g during, and 100g after. I’m sure I’m pretty high haha[/quote]

10 eggs = 60g
3.5lb steak = ~500g
2x50g shake = 100g

wow…[/quote]

wow that is a lot hahaha, thanks for doing the math. I wonder how many calories I eat a day if I have that much just from protein.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

10 eggs = 60g
3.5lb steak = ~500g
2x50g shake = 100g

wow…[/quote]

wow that is a lot hahaha, thanks for doing the math. I wonder how many calories I eat a day if I have that much just from protein.[/quote]

Well in that older thread with a similar diet I added up fat for you to be between 280-340g so assuming the middle ground of 310g thats 3109= 2790 from fat plus 9454=3780 from protein. 6570 without carbs added in. I think I remember you saying about 200g or so of carbs? Plus 50 or so from PB/cottage cheese/whey thats another 1000 calories bringing you to about 7600/day…crazy son of a bitch lol.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

10 eggs = 60g
3.5lb steak = ~500g
2x50g shake = 100g

wow…[/quote]

Yeah, you missed the 10 eggs on me as well (usually 10 whole Jumbo sized). Either way, one thing you need to note is that the bigger guys here simply eat a lot. They don’t spend all of their time calculating the exact amount. If you keep carbs moderate and saturated fat in check, your protein intake is going to be higher no matter what if you are eating like that. However, simply focusing on protein would be a mistake.

To be getting all of that damn food down, I’m not surprised :wink:

I’m 215 lbs at ~13% bodyfat, and I get about 250 grams on low-carb days and about 150 grams on high-carb days (there are no medium-carb days). I’m not convinced there’s a benefit to getting double bodyweight in protein, but I’m aware that there’s controversy about this.