How Much of One Specific Food?

I’ve been reading about how too much of a given food can cause one to develop a food allergy. But how much does it really take?

I mean, throughout the day I’ll eat different foods. So if I eat chicken for lunch, I’ll make sure I eat a different protein source later on. But I make all my chicken breasts in one day, so I probably have 5 - 6 servings of chicken for the week. Next week I’ll switch it up and make turkey breasts.

Is this ok? I’ll be eating the chicken breasts I made throughout the week, so it probably ends up to be like a chicken breast a day.

[quote]Tonino wrote:
I’ve been reading about how too much of a given food can cause one to develop a food allergy. But how much does it really take?

[/quote]

I honestly think some of you need to stop reading so much from these sites. I can’t even believe people are now afraid of to eat enough because they fear a food allergy MAY develop.

There is no way a physician is writing these articles if this is the result.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I honestly think some of you need to stop reading so much from these sites. I can’t even believe people are now afraid of to eat enough because they fear a food allergy MAY develop.

There is no way a physician is writing these articles if this is the result.[/quote]

I hear you. It’s like a double-edged sword. I’ve found some great articles which have helped me tremendously when it comes to nutrition and lifting, but then at the same time I’ve found articles which confuse the shit out of me.

Anyways, I probably over analyze and look too much into details, so thanks for the reality check…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

You still need to admit that eating the same foods over and over again will probably cause you to develop a food allergy. Milos Sarcev explains in his seminar video pretty clearly how this happens. Lets say you start eating skinless chicken breast as your protein source for all 6 of your meals each day. 10 days later, you might notice some indigestion and you might have some trouble forcing down that chicken. You’ve probably developed a mild food allergy. If you eat egg whites all the damn time because you’re too lazy to cook meat, then you might develop a food allergy to that.

The solution?
You can eat as much as you want as long as you have some variety in your diet. Have Eggs for breakfast, Cottage Cheese for your snack, Beef for lunch, Whey after your workout, Turkey for dinner, and Casein before you go to bed.

I eat 5 chicken breasts for dinner and 5 eggs for breakfast almost every day. I don’t have food allergies. But I used to eat egg whites twice a day and I wanted to gag every time I ate them until I figured out I probably had a food allergy from eating them too frequently. So I think you can eat a TON of the same stuff in one sitting but you can’t eat the same stuff throughout the day.

There’s a lot of empirical evidence that seems to indicate that this isn’t the case. For instance, ol’ grandpa who’s been eating oatmeal everyday and lived to be 100. Furthermore, eating the same thing was probably normal for our ancestors. If anything, the amount of variety we have is a bit of an anomaly. I can eat avocados and drink coffee year around. If I was strictly eating locally then that wouldn’t be the case. I’d have a much more limited selection of food to choose from.

I also remember someone on here said they ate a ton of eggs everyday and started getting sick from them. Not sure what the deal was there.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe, since I eat bread almost everyday and I’ve yet to develop any sort of allergy to it. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it, but I’m not too worried about it anymore. Although, I’m curious as to what the theory behind it is. How would a food allergy even develop that way?

Just because you may have occasional intestinal discomfort does not mean you have developed a food allergy.

I ate chicken every day for 3 years and then rolled my truck. Must have been the chicken!

dude the only way your probably going to develop an allergy is if you eat a food multiple times a day. For example I had a teacher in my school tell me before I new anything that I should eat chicken and tuna fish each 3 times a day. If i did that I would prob have a food allergy and very high mercury levels but that is eating it alot. the whole chicken thing will deffinaly not give you a prob at one time a day.

Everything in moderation.

One things for sure you keep dwelling on and worrying about getting a food allergy and you will…