How Much LBM Gain is Possible?

Applying this to all areas of your life, going after what you want like you mean it – no matter whether other people think you can achieve it, is freaking huge.

This is one of those really valuable bits of life advice that kicks around on the boards here. I wonder how many people pick up on these things?

I asked this question because I don’t believe in the statement made by Christian Thibeadeau in “20lbs of Hollywood Muscle” article, that you can, if everything is done to perfection, gain .5-1.0lb a week naturally. However, I dissagree and I just thought that I could get some support.

Ironically, some people are criticising me in their responses because they think I don’t know that everyone grows differently.

-The whole point of this post was to get some feedback on the rate at which YOU (everyone who posts) grow, currently, at their own level of experience.

Why not just lift/eat and find out?

[quote]Lift4Life wrote:
I asked this question because I don’t believe in the statement made by Christian Thibeadeau in “20lbs of Hollywood Muscle” article, that you can, if everything is done to perfection, gain .5-1.0lb a week naturally. However, I dissagree and I just thought that I could get some support.

Ironically, some people are criticising me in their responses because they think I don’t know that everyone grows differently.

-The whole point of this post was to get some feedback on the rate at which YOU (everyone who posts) grow, currently, at their own level of experience.

[/quote]

Well, first you are wrong. CT is right. That’s about how much muscle I gained in that timeframe when I made the switch from endurance training to actively gaining muscle and strength. Second, that is not how you phrassed your original post. You asked nothing about people’s personal experience. You asked about some generalized, amorphous limit on what a hypothetical person could gain a week.

And what we’ve all been getting at here is ‘Why do you NEED SOME TRUTH!’? How will it change your training and diet?

I have gained 10 lbs in a month with creatine and eating an extra meal a day.
My bodyfat increased 2%.

I then took an arginine supplement, never felt any pumps that were advertised, never had the strength increases expected. I felt I got cheated of my money. I didn't even gain any weight but lost some weight. I didn't mind that my bodyfat lowered by 3% to 4% without any changes in training and diet. So I actually looked very ripped but I was really trying to bulk up.

Why don’t you find out… do massive eating and a Waterbury program for a year and I bet you get 10 lbs easy. You could probably gain more, but 10 lbs with no fat gain will make you look huge compared to what you look like now.

I’ve all ready found out how much muscle I gain. I was interested for the purpose of knowledge.

Don’t answer this, but wtf is up with all the attitude? You don’t have to reply if you don’t want to.