How Much Have You Paid For Gas

I will start with the opening bid of
$2.48/gallon and I am sure this openinng bid will not last long.

around here 2.65/75/85 is the best you can do.
this week.

We’re in the 2.80s in my part of maryland. I paid 2.84 the other day.

$2.52-it sucks. I remember when I first started driving 6 years ago. It was under a buck.

$2.65 on Long Island, NY. Freaked me out the other day at a old high school friend’s party when she showed us some pictures from back then. One of them had gas prices in the background for .99 cents.

[quote]Keith Wassung wrote:
$2.48/gallon and I am sure this openinng bid will not last long.[/quote]

In Austria:

EUR1.09 = $1.33/liter
$5.03/gallon.

Hope the conversions are fairly accurate…

$2.85 in some places around here, but I get the good stuff.

Which, ironically, is a lower grade than the “good stuff” everyone else gets across the nation. We pay this much for 91 octane here, while the rest of the country will pay the same, if not less, for 93 or 95 octane. But I digress…

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Keith Wassung wrote:

In Austria:

EUR1.09 = $1.33/liter
$5.03/gallon.

Hope the conversions are fairly accurate…[/quote]

Ouch. Yes, that is painful.

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
We pay this much for 91 octane here, while the rest of the country will pay the same, if not less, for 93 or 95 octane. But I digress…[/quote]

I’m paying 2.84 for 87 octane.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Keith Wassung wrote:

In Austria:

EUR1.09 = $1.33/liter
$5.03/gallon.

Hope the conversions are fairly accurate…[/quote]

See, that’s why people OUTSIDE of US tend to drive smaller (hence more fuel-efficient and environment friendly) cars…

When I had my first car, gas was 25 cents per gallon. Then after I moved out, it went up to…OH my God…65 cents per gallon.
So, yeah, I’ve seen the gas prices rise by an order of magnitude. I counter this by riding a motorcycle as much as I can (life is tough).

It’s $2.55 her for the 87 octane.

[quote]gojira wrote:
I counter this by riding a motorcycle as much as I can (life is tough). [/quote]

One of the things that vexes me about Maryland, and a lot of the US, is that it’s virtually impossible to get around on foot or by bike. If I could ride my bike to work everyday, I would do it… but it’s too damned far and there aren’t any safe routes to ride on. From work, I can’t walk to any stores or delis. Even if I wanted to take 2 hours out of my day to make the walk… well, it would be illegal. Ugh.

$2.65 in Georgia for 87, It has gone up $.25 in about 2weeks

Filled up Tuesday night for $2.47 on the NYS Thruway; the next morning it was up to $2.60. There’s a Mobil just off my thruway exit with $2.67. $2.59 in my small town. I’m hoping the BJ’s I pass on the way to work has a significantly lower price.

It gets scarier when I do the math: I figure commuting starting this fall will cost about $100/week in gasoline.

Up in Toronto, Canada.
About $3.15 a gallon with conversion, you guys got it cheap, and that’s just regular. Premium is like $3.45, damn!

T

On the drive to work today I saw 87 octane for 2.99. Wisconsin has a very high state gas tax. Luckily I have a gas account through work.

remember everyone to add the percentage of your tax dollars, that went into the tax-breaks for oil and gas companies, to the price u pay at the pump :wink:

[quote]nephorm wrote:
One of the things that vexes me about Maryland, and a lot of the US, is that it’s virtually impossible to get around on foot or by bike. If I could ride my bike to work everyday, I would do it… but it’s too damned far and there aren’t any safe routes to ride on. From work, I can’t walk to any stores or delis. Even if I wanted to take 2 hours out of my day to make the walk… well, it would be illegal. Ugh.[/quote]

What about mass transit?

2.55 for the cheap stuff. I pay close to 5 for race fuel.

Not to hijack, but has anyone bought a hybrid because of the prices?