How Much Has Your Physique Cost?

Over the course of your training career whether it be bodybuilding, powerlifting or just general athletics how much money have you put into your physique? I know this is kinda a tough question but try to factor up food, supplements, gym fees, gear(if you use), gym clothes and all the other expenses associated with building your dream body.

How much has it cost you total to date? I figure I’m a little under $30,000 for 5 years. Just thought it would be interesting to see how much some people have spent.

Food? God I have no idea

Supplements: about ~$75/month… I recently spent like 125, but it’ll last me nearly 2 months.

Gym Fee’s: 250/month… lifting, muay thai, grappling, mma and the occasional seminar. Murilo Ninja Rua seminar put me back like 80bucks.

• shinguards, boxing gloves, mma sparring gloves, fokai gi, headgear… all that shit costs too but its a one time fee if you get high quality gear.

clothes: i just wear whatever I dont like, or whatever doesn’t fit, or has a hole in it, etc. I pretty much look like a bum when I lift/train. I can’t wait till I have all the gear I want at home cause then I can ditch the shirt and just chalk up.

pretty much as much as it takes me to reach my goals. Trying to quantify it is worthless to me.

Interesting question to consider. I do know my spending (food, supplements) is about to reach that next level.

My biggest cost is food. $80 - $100 a week to eat clean.

4 hours/week x 48 weeks/year x 12 years = 2600 hours

I figure I’ve saved thousands of bucks. No chiropracter visits, no blood pressure medications or insulin, and I don’t have to keep buying bigger and bigger clothes.

What an even better thing to think about is how much money you have spent on supplements, and just where you would be without them.

My guess is that you would have made just as much progress without them.

Beyond creatine and protein powder, imo supplements are generally a waste of money.

Gym membership = $34 a month
Supplements = $175 a month
Groceries = $300 a month
Looking like a T-Man = Priceless

[quote]E-man wrote:
Over the course of your training career whether it be bodybuilding, powerlifting or just general athletics how much money have you put into your physique? [/quote]

You can put $7 on a healthy meal, or you can put $7 on KFC. Or you can put $2.50 in a protein shake/bar.

You could pay for it with savings from fewer health bills - if you didn’t shove it into the few extra dates so you can get laid.
Of course it’d be more expensive to pay a hooker to blow your cock every week.

So I say you save money.

[quote]diesel25 wrote:

Of course it’d be more expensive to pay a hooker to blow your cock every week.
[/quote]

That skank promised me she kept her client?le private.