How Much Green Tea Extract?

Off on holiday to Cuba tommorow morning however am still half way through a bit of the good old fat loss… Im not going to be taking any fat loss supps with me such as HOT-ROX for the sake of not pissing off customs. I will however be taking plenty of fish oil caps and green tea extract caps.

These caps are fairly low quality by thelooks of things - 315mg a piece with 15% polyphenols. Any ideas with regards to doseages that will have SOME affect? I have 200 caps and a 14 day holiday… so up to 14 caps a day (4.41g extract) I could afford.

Ideally you will want to take in 400mg of ECGC 1-2x per day. From the studies conducted, 400 seems to be the magic number in terms of stimulating fat loss, and anything less seems to have little to no effect.

If your capsules are 315mg with only 15% polyphenols, that would mean that even less of that 15% is ECGC (probably around 23mg per pill since most are 50% ECGC).

I doubt taking 12 canisters per day would help stimulate fat loss with that brand. Ill search for the article in a sec so I can link it up.

Found it!

www.1fast400.com/?ingredients_id=17

Ill be dropping calories anyway down to 2000 along with upping fish oil intake - the green tea was just a little extra on the side. Am I right in assuming that 10-14 caps a day could be safely consumed based on what you have just said?

The reccomended amount is 1 cap a day on the side of the packet… but then my fish oil caps say 2 a day also! (no not cod liver).

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Ill be dropping calories anyway down to 2000 along with upping fish oil intake - the green tea was just a little extra on the side. Am I right in assuming that 10-14 caps a day could be safely consumed based on what you have just said?

The reccomended amount is 1 cap a day on the side of the packet… but then my fish oil caps say 2 a day also! (no not cod liver).[/quote]

Well considering each cap only has 46 grams of polyphenols, taking in 14 per day shouldn’t have any negative side effects, but I’m no expert.

for the next time you decide to use green tea try reflex nutrition. their caps are standardised to 95% polyphenols and contain only around 2% caffeine (i asked them about it).

Holland and Barretts generally suck but the fish oil is amazingly cheap!

heres a good deal for ya…alot of folks have spoken good things about this company

superiornutraceuticals.com/mm5/merchant.
mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SN&Product_
Code=GT250&Category_Code=WM0

I only picked it up because it was the only green tea product I could find at such short notice with the expection of actual teabags… the problem being that I wont always have some boiling water handy.

Go to superior nutraceuticals. For $25, you get 250 servings of 1000 mg of green tea extract, 98% polyphenols. 50% ECGC

[quote]Pugsley wrote:
heres a good deal for ya…alot of folks have spoken good things about this company

superiornutraceuticals.com/mm5/merchant.
mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SN&Product_
Code=GT250&Category_Code=WM0[/quote]

Beat me to it.

How many extra calories did that study on 400mg ecgc 2x/day helped those in the study burn?