T Nation

How Much Ephedrine

Since now that the max dosage is 8mg per tab, how much is effective? I heard in experiments they are giving people between 25-50mg, 3 times daily. what kind of caffine should you take with it? energy drink? coffee? pop?

[quote]animal4life wrote:
Since now that the max dosage is 8mg per tab, how much is effective? I heard in experiments they are giving people between 25-50mg, 3 times daily. what kind of caffine should you take with it? energy drink? coffee? pop?[/quote]

Usually 25 mg 3 times daily usually does it for most people. Lower than that still works well for appetite suppression. With higher dosages, you get diminishing returns and tend to get more side effects that people tend not to enjoy (anxiety, jitteryness and the likes).

As for caffeine, it is usually mixed in a 10:1 ratio (10 of C for every 1 of E).

250 mg of caffeine for 25 mg of ephedrine.

Considering that it is usually easier to moniter dosing with pills rather than liquid compounds, most used caffeine alkaloids tablets. These can be split to fit dosing, don’t stain teeth and make you go to the bathroom to pee a bit less because you don’t drink as much [coffee(water component) (most regular size coffee contain about 100 mg of caffeine (80-120 mg in terms of variation)].

With the amounts of sugar found in energy drink, energy drinks tend not to be the most appropriate form of caffeine intake in terms of diet/weightloss.

I still prefer HOT-ROX, even if the yohimbine gets me way more wired than large doses of ephedrine/caffeine ever did.

Anyway,
hope this helps a bit.

AlexH

Sorry, didn’t see you were in Canada too. Customs could block HOT-ROX Extreme, guess I got lucky.

AlexH.

The classic dosage was 20-25mg ephedrine with 200mg caffeine, three times a day. Of course, individual tolerance comes into effect.

[quote]Marshallman wrote:
The classic dosage was 20-25mg ephedrine with 200mg caffeine, three times a day. Of course, individual tolerance comes into effect.[/quote]

so 3, 8mg tabs with a can 250ml of diet coke is ok? or 250ml of coffee?

[quote]animal4life wrote:
Marshallman wrote:
The classic dosage was 20-25mg ephedrine with 200mg caffeine, three times a day. Of course, individual tolerance comes into effect.

so 3, 8mg tabs with a can 250ml of diet coke is ok? or 250ml of coffee?
[/quote]

Absolutely not.

12 fl. ounces (375 ml) of Coke/Pespi contain anywhere between 35 to 55 mg of caffeine.

At an average of 45 mg per 375 ml of Coke (Diet Coke is 45 mg per 375 ml) you would need to take in just a bit more than 2L of Coke to get 250 mg of caffeine. 6L per day of Coke is a bit much, even if you have share in the Coca-Cola Company. And its not that good for teeth enamel.

For coffee, brewed coffee contains 80-120 or 80-135 mg per 7 fl. ounces depending on the source.

That means that on average of about 100 mg of caffeine per 7 fl ounces, you neen to take in 525 mL (2.5 7 fl ounces cups) of brewed coffee 3 times daily so 1.5L of coffee. So if you want to speed your time peeing and having bad breath and yellowing teeth, go for it.

What this means…get pills. Wake-Ups are a nice cheap source available at any pharmacy.

Cheers,
AlexH.