How Much Does Water Weight Weigh?

[quote]Burnesy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Zagman wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I have gained 3-5lbs of muscle in one weekend before. Your body supercompensates when it wants to. Trying to micro-analyze every lbs gained is ridiculous.

No offense, but I gotta call bullshit on that. I don’t think protein synthesis works quite that quickly.

You can call bullshit all you please. One of us has the arms to prove that some serious growth has occurred. One does not.

the funniest and most accurate thing I’ve read today. Way to end an argument Prof X.[/quote]

A bottle of protein powder says you can gain 8.4 pounds in 14 days
A bottle of quick mass says you can gain 10 pounds in 10 days
You say you gained 3-5 pounds of muscle in one weekend.

If these results were actually true Then why does the majority of the population not report these results.

I have gained 7 pounds in a week before, but i am smart enough to know that most likely that will be water glycogen, or un digested food, Doctor Micheal Colgen who trains many USA olympic athletes has done many many studies on this subject where they use methods to test weather water, fat, glycogen, muscle was gained and after years of study in a fuckin lab not a couch, it was reported that 1-4 pounds of muscle per month is the expected gain with out steroid use.

Now I understand you have big arms but come one big arms does not mean you understand science or that you can prove that you gained 3-5 pounds of muscle in a weekend.

[quote]jaredbr wrote:

A bottle of nitro tech says you can gain 8.4 pounds in 14 days

If these results were actually true Then why does the majority of the population not report these results.
[/quote]

Because during the week or two prior to those gains, the test subjects were running themselves into the ground in the weight room and eating little food. Measurements were taken at the end of that overreaching phase, and then the subjects proceed to eat everything in sight for the prescribed time. Charles Poliquin and other authors here have written about this “supercompensation”.

The majority of the population doesn’t get these results because they don’t have the discipline to complete such a protocol.

When ever i take in more carbs than i should, i end up usually gaining 4-5lbs of water weight.

[quote]jaredbr wrote:
Burnesy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Zagman wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I have gained 3-5lbs of muscle in one weekend before. Your body supercompensates when it wants to. Trying to micro-analyze every lbs gained is ridiculous.

No offense, but I gotta call bullshit on that. I don’t think protein synthesis works quite that quickly.

You can call bullshit all you please. One of us has the arms to prove that some serious growth has occurred. One does not.

the funniest and most accurate thing I’ve read today. Way to end an argument Prof X.

I have gained 7 pounds in a week before, but i am smart enough to know that most likely that will be water glycogen, or un digested food, Doctor Micheal Colgen who trains many USA olympic athletes has done many many studies on this subject where they use methods to test weather water, fat, glycogen, muscle was gained and after years of study in a fuckin lab not a couch, it was reported that 1-4 pounds of muscle per month is the expected gain with out steroid use.

Now I understand you have big arms but come one big arms does not mean you understand science or that you can prove that you gained 3-5 pounds of muscle in a weekend. [/quote]

Oh no he didn’t… [/snap]

[quote]jaredbr wrote:
Burnesy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Zagman wrote:
Professor X wrote:

the funniest and most accurate thing I’ve read today. Way to end an argument Prof X.

Now I understand you have big arms but come one big arms does not mean you understand science or that you can prove that you gained 3-5 pounds of muscle in a weekend. [/quote]

I am not here to prove it to you. I stated that this occurred. If you choose to believe that is impossible, so be it. I know it isn’t. Why would I need to prove this to you? You honestly believe that no one can gain weight quickly in the form of muscle mass no matter what stage of training in that amount of time? There are beginners who gain over 20lbs of mostly muscle in less than a month if they train with any guidance at all and have above average genetics. That would mean they too are doing the impossible according to you.

I am not average. You seem to be under the impression that you and me are just alike.

OH i dont think you and me are alike. I believe you can gain that amount of weight that fast. But I know it wont be muscle. But your right neither of us has anything to prove.

The super compensation is always followed by weight loss at almost the same rate after the body adjusts.

[quote]jaredbr wrote:
OH i dont think you and me are alike. I believe you can gain that amount of weight that fast. But I know it wont be muscle. But your right neither of us has anything to prove.

The super compensation is always followed by weight loss at almost the same rate after the body adjusts.

[/quote]

Uh, no it isn’t if there is a caloric surplus. Why do you believe this? Weight gain must be followed by a weight loss? How would anyone make any progress?

Also, if you are now stating that it is possible, what is the problem here?

If some newbie gains 20-25lbs in one or two months and doesn’t appear any fatter, even if he gained body fat, it would take one blind faulted effort to claim that the majority (at least 10-15lbs or near that much) was NOT lean body mass. If that CAN happen, how is it diffcult to believe that someone could gain 3lbs in a weekend if they were eating enough and have most of that, if not all, be lean body mass?

Was your previous post an attempt to have my genetic code mapped out to see if this is possible?

You can go ahead and try that if you please, but you will have to pay for the plane ride, the lab fees, the payroll of at least 10 scientists for several months and a shit load of grilled beef before I sign anything.

Yes if there is a caloric surplus you will gain weight. what i am saying is that when you gain a shit load of weight in a few days its gonna be mostly water and glycogen, and in a few days you are gonna piss it all back out.

I said gaining weight rapidly is possible it has happened to me lost, however what i am saying is that its not going to be muscle.

If some kid gains 20-25ibs of weight and is not noticeably fatter. You are saying he probably gained 10-15 pounds of muscle. Well here is another fact every time you gain some muscle, that new muscle cell/fibers also need to hold glycogen and water. So buddy that gained that 20-25 probably gained 10 pounds of fat 5 pounds of muscle and is holding another 5ish in glycogen and water.

Obviously i am not sitting in a lab and measuring the shit out. I am just stating what i have read from numerous studies by doctors.

But whatever you’ll just keep misunderstanding what i say, Ill i am saying is that i believe what these doctors that test olympic athletes have to say, rather then the guy that uses such logic as well my arms are bigger than yours so i know what i said is true. Gimme a break

[quote]jaredbr wrote:
Yes if there is a caloric surplus you will gain weight. what i am saying is that when you gain a shit load of weight in a few days its gonna be mostly water and glycogen, and in a few days you are gonna piss it all back out.[/quote]

Gee, the fact that I didn’t sure does lend credence to it NOT being just water weight, huh?

Wow.

[quote]
If some kid gains 20-25ibs of weight and is not noticeably fatter. You are saying he probably gained 10-15 pounds of muscle. Well here is another fact every time you gain some muscle, that new muscle cell/fibers also need to hold glycogen and water. So buddy that gained that 20-25 probably gained 10 pounds of fat 5 pounds of muscle and is holding another 5ish in glycogen and water. [/quote]

Dude, you are aware that about 70% of your muscle mass IS water, right? That is why those electrical impedence machines have so much trouble on larger bodybuilders determining what is and isn’t muscle mass. Have you even gotten past chapter one in that Biology book?

[quote]

Obviously i am not sitting in a lab and measuring the shit out. I am just stating what i have read from numerous studies by doctors.

But whatever you’ll just keep misunderstanding what i say, Ill i am saying is that i believe what these doctors that test olympic athletes have to say, rather then the guy that uses such logic as well my arms are bigger than yours so i know what i said is true. Gimme a break [/quote]

I am a doctor.

and since 70% of muscle mass is water, that means you can piss that water weight right out

[quote]jaredbr wrote:
and since 70% of muscle mass is water, that means you can piss that water weight right out[/quote]

Uh, no. You need to research compartmentalization as it refers to body water. You seem confused. When was the last time someone pissed all of their muscle away?

[quote]jaredbr wrote:

[/quote]

This sentence is bullshit.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
jaredbr wrote:

This sentence is bullshit.[/quote]

Ditto.

…and all i wanted to know is where that 3 pounds was a comin from…ha.

Love this goddamn site.

Supercompensation wouldn’t have been termed supercompensation if you pissed it all back out. Think about it, if that were the case why would advanced bodybuilders go out of their way to do it?

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Supercompensation wouldn’t have been termed supercompensation if you pissed it all back out. Think about it, if that were the case why would advanced bodybuilders go out of their way to do it?[/quote]

I don’t get why someone who thinks you piss away muscle even attempted a confrontation to begin with. I mean, there are grade school kids who wouldn’t have come to that conclusion.

“Gee, Tony, what happened to that 260lbs 8% body fat body you had yesterday?”

“Dude, that was one wicked piss.”

Every pro-Professor X dude in here probably flames the shit out of the latest claims from the latest XXXtreme protein powder, but by God, if the ol’ Prof says he gained 3-5 pounds of 100% muscle mass in 48 hours, then it’s hook, line, sinker, and baby batter, all while looking lovingly into his eyes.

I, for one, think it’s 100% bullshit. But I also know what I think or say doesn’t matter. Just like what he writes on an internet forum.

Can’t prove it, can’t disprove it.

I will also say that out of all posters on here, I enjoy reading his the most. Well second most, Push is #1.

And OP, wait till your diet is normalized, water consumption and all, and then weigh yourself at the same time of day, at regular intervals. Also, take regular photos. It’s easy to fluctuate weight; there are a lot of factors involved.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Every pro-Professor X dude in here probably flames the shit out of the latest claims from the latest XXXtreme protein powder, but by God, if the ol’ Prof says he gained 3-5 pounds of 100% muscle mass in 48 hours, then it’s hook, line, sinker, and baby batter, all while looking lovingly into his eyes.

I, for one, think it’s 100% bullshit. But I also know what I think or say doesn’t matter. Just like what he writes on an internet forum.

I will also say that out of all posters on here, I enjoy reading his the most. Well second most, Push is #1.[/quote]

LOL. I’ve trained a guy who gained over 20lbs in less than two months (about 6 weeks). His body fat didn’t change (which means he did gain some body fat but the majority of his gain was muscle mass). He was not “average” in terms of genetics, but according to your disbelief and others, this simply can not occur in that time period.

Some of you sure do limit yourselves (and others) when it comes to what you think can be achieved.

That isn’t hindering anyone but yourselves in the long run.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

I will also say that out of all posters on here, I enjoy reading his the most. Well second most, Push is #1.

LOL. I’ve trained a guy who gained over 20lbs in less than two months (about 6 weeks). His body fat didn’t change (which means he did gain some body fat but the majority of his gain was muscle mass). He was not “average” in terms of genetics, but according to your disbelief and others, this simply can not occur in that time period.

Some of you sure do limit yourselves (and others) when it comes to what you think can be achieved.

That isn’t hindering anyone but yourselves in the long run.[/quote]

I firmly believe in the power of noob gains, I’ve witnessed them myself. Not doubting this last story at all.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

That isn’t hindering anyone but yourselves in the long run.

I firmly believe in the power of noob gains, I’ve witnessed them myself. Not doubting this last story at all.[/quote]

He wasn’t even a newbie in the sense of never training before. He played college football. He had lifted weights before but had never been serious about eating enough or actually working out non-stop for weeks on end. This was my frat brother. He basically followed me around for that time period, ate several times a day (I let him use my meal replacements and protein), trained with me and blew up as a result.

Everyone does not have the same genetics. Why would 3lbs over a weekend be so hard to believe but 20lbs over six weeks for someone who wasn’t small to begin with isn’t?