T Nation

How Much Does All This Weigh?

Saw this on imgur. I know from changing my Honda’s tires that a tire can get pretty heavy, but I’m wondering what level of bad ass this is.

Also, does this guy’s vest and equipment weigh much?

My guess:
Weight vest 40+
Wheel, ~20
Tire ~20
Gear + gun do not know

On the BA scale, somewhere between sipping a drink with an umbrella in it and saving the world by riding a nuclear.warhead in to the comet/asteroid/planet/spacecraft that threatens us all.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
My guess:
Weight vest 40+
Wheel, ~20
Tire ~20
Gear + gun do not know

On the BA scale, somewhere between sipping a drink with an umbrella in it and saving the world by riding a nuclear.warhead in to the comet/asteroid/planet/spacecraft that threatens us all.[/quote]

I don’t believe that’s a weight vest. Looks like a kevlar with ceramics. Mine weighed in at like 5-8 kilos, depending on what kind of inserts were in there, the pistol and ammo are probably all in at 3-4 kilos.

Pffft…big deal…it’s filled with air.

Think of it this way…way more bad ass than you cause you have to ask.

HM is impressed. srs

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
HM is impressed. srs[/quote]

You mean that photo is NOT you?

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
HM is impressed. srs[/quote]

You mean that photo is NOT you?[/quote]

He only does teh backflipz

Agree with Jewbacca, thats not a weight vest. Thats a chest rigging.

I’d stab at a guess of 10kg of gear, but that rim and tyre would be pretty fucking heavy.

Big steel rim, with a tyre. That would have to be 20+kg, easy.

Level of bad-assery is at your discretion.

Who knows if he’s even managed a rep? He could be hanging there and shaking like a shitting dog, albeit it in a isometric hold position.

Badassery = 8/10 - because when he drops down that tyre’s gonna smash him in the nuts!

A lot, if that rim is for a 3/4 ton or ton vehicle. And the BFG 10 ply tires are not light.

I’m guessing the tire and rim weighs 50-60lbs

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

You mean that photo is NOT you?[/quote]

i do them one handed.

Nah… he’s just hanging there… probably working on his grip strength…

Still badass though.

Sometimes I like to put four plates on either side of a barbell and stand there like I’m about to benchpress it. One time I wedged myself under this giant globe and had a friend take a picture. It looked like I was keeping it from rolling away. Every once in awhile when I see a really nice car parked on the street I’ll lean on it and smile, so it looks like I’m the owner.

Pretty badass…

Would be even more badass if the tire was completely engulfed in flames and had bullets ricocheting off it, but still badass nonetheless.

7.5/10