How Much Do You Spend?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Rico Suave wrote:
Jeffe wrote:
If you guys are spending $60+ per week for just yourselves you really need to learn how to shop! You can save a lot of money by doing the work yourself. Nothing pre-cut/packaged/cooked and you can magically shave around 15% off your food bills. Steak only needs to cost about $3.00/lb, same w/ chicken and the like.

Sorry man, maybe we just eat more than you. I already follow your golden rule but it still comes to around $100 a week.

Agreed. Steaks are currently 4 bucks a pound at Krogers. I go through about 2-3lbs a day depending on the size of each steak and these are lean cuts. They would cost more if I didn’t wait for them to go on sale about 2-3 days before the sell by date.

I think some people underestimate how much food some of us eat. Everyone isn’t 150lbs.[/quote]

I weighed in at 252 this morning. =P I never factored in someone eating 3 lbs. of steak (6 large steaks) in a single day.

[quote]Jeffe wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Rico Suave wrote:
Jeffe wrote:
If you guys are spending $60+ per week for just yourselves you really need to learn how to shop! You can save a lot of money by doing the work yourself. Nothing pre-cut/packaged/cooked and you can magically shave around 15% off your food bills. Steak only needs to cost about $3.00/lb, same w/ chicken and the like.

Sorry man, maybe we just eat more than you. I already follow your golden rule but it still comes to around $100 a week.

Agreed. Steaks are currently 4 bucks a pound at Krogers. I go through about 2-3lbs a day depending on the size of each steak and these are lean cuts. They would cost more if I didn’t wait for them to go on sale about 2-3 days before the sell by date.

I think some people underestimate how much food some of us eat. Everyone isn’t 150lbs.

I weighed in at 252 this morning. =P I never factored in someone eating 3 lbs. of steak (6 large steaks) in a single day.[/quote]

Each steak is just under a pound. I eat about 3 of those a day. I don’t weigh them (as it is damn near impossible to get a cow to section itself into perfectly weighed portions for my own benefit…I’ve tried) so the only thing I can tell you for sure is that they weigh over 1/2lb each and are under 1lbs each.

I try to avoid crossing the line into full blown obsessive compulsive disorder by weighing everything I eat.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Rico Suave wrote:
Jeffe wrote:

I think some people underestimate how much food some of us eat. Everyone isn’t 150lbs.

wow, 2-3 lbs a day :open_mouth:

lean beef around here is 4.99/lb

not too mention, fruit isn’t exactly cheap

[/quote]

I don’t eat much fruit. I currently eat a lot of greenbeans, rice and occasionally broccoli when I can stomach it.

If I see oranges on sale, I may get those from time to time. When I was in college, I would sneak whole bunches of bananas out of the cafeteria.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
About 150 a week when eating clean while dieting (not counting supplements). About 200 a week when gaining and eating out more.

I spend about 200 a month on protein supplements and meal replacements.[/quote]

This is much closer to what I spend. I am spending as much on Metabolic Drive and Surge as some of you are spending on all of your food. My protein expense has gone up even more since my wife has started eating eating my Metabolic Drive and Surge too.

[quote]shawnhavoc wrote:
Professor X wrote:
About 150 a week when eating clean while dieting (not counting supplements). About 200 a week when gaining and eating out more.

I spend about 200 a month on protein supplements and meal replacements.

This is much closer to what I spend.[/quote]

Same here.

I spend about $200 a week on food, and $150 a month on supplements. I only eat organic chicken/eggs/beef, bags and bags of frozen veggies.

I see no way possible that $60/wk is not enough for the amount of meats/veggies/fruits/dairy/nuts/seeds/etc that you should be eating. Unless you eat like my grandma.

About 120$ a week.

Basically ground beef, (1.5lbs/day) cheeses, (I’m a BIG fan) random cuts of meat to throw in the crockpot, 6-7 dozen eggs, cream, peanut butter, and bacon during the week.

For the weekend I get oats, cereals, milk, potatoes/sweet potatoes, WW bread, honey, etc.

Gaining on the AD.

CJK,

Is that you in the avatar? Dude looks sick.

I’ve been spending $80 a week but I know I’m not eating enough. I’d say $120/wk sounds about right.