How Much Do You Spend On Supplements?

I know there was a topic started back in 2008, but I have really noticed an increase in the pricing of protein/supplements. Particularly the higher end supplements. I would say I spend about $150 dollars a month on protein powders and supplements, possibly a little more. I am curious as to were I fall in the spectrum of the lifters here.

varies a little per month, but between myself, the wife and the dog, I’d say a safe bet is $200/month.

some months are $150, this month was $300

liquid fish oil
multi
vit d
ALA
probiotics
curcumin
protein powder
ElitePro
DIM (wife only)
digestive enz (wife and dog only)
Ubiquinol (coq10 dog only b/c of price with everything else or we both would too)

oh and BCAAs

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
I know there was a topic started back in 2008, but I have really noticed an increase in the pricing of protein/supplements. Particularly the higher end supplements. I would say I spend about $150 dollars a month on protein powders and supplements, possibly a little more. I am curious as to were I fall in the spectrum of the lifters here. [/quote]

After years of wasting money on what I now see as pointless supplements I narrowed it down to what I feel are a few necessary and budget friendly supplements:

I spend around $100-150 a week

Carlsons Fish oil (1 Tbsp a day)
Solar gems Vitamin D
John Meadows Glucose Disposal agent (also has a lot of antioxidants in it)
2-2.5 pounds protein powder (whey isolate/concentrate mix)
Mineral Support (Elite Pro)
BCAA/creatine/Gatorade (workout nutrition)
Every now and then I’ll buy some Alpha Male and Spike Shooters

I’ve made better progress over the past year since eating mainly whole foods (at following one training program) then I ever did while buying the latest protocol/supplements being released.

I would really like to see the supplement budget of the Indigo crowd as a lot of the “must have” components are very pricey.

$0.00