T Nation

How Much do you Spend on Supplements?

My bulking thread got me thinking, do I spend excessively on supplements?

What do you spend on average per month.

Last I guestimated mine, it was around $300. That will be dropping soon due to cutting back on spending. I would say to about 175-200.

My supplement list as of now

Flameout 1s daily
ZMA
Creatine
Surge 4-6x per week
Alpha Male (won’t be buying for a while once I run out)
Beta-7 (same as Alpha Male)
Metabolic Drive (this is where I can go through some money)
Superfood (just added, debating on this one, will probably keep)

I use approx. 80 dollars a month on supplements.

I use:
Fish oil
Protein powder
Creatine
A post workout drink
and ZMA.

You’re spending 2-3 times as much as I do, and I think that I spend almost too much on supplements.

Metabolic Drive
Whey Powder
Fish Oils
Glucosamine/CHondroitin
Multivitamin

Really just the basics at this point, with a lot of meat, tuna or sardines,eggs, peanut butter and oatmeal.

S

I’m “indulging” and experimenting with some things before I go away in the fall.

So right now it’s:
Metabolic Drive
Grow! Whey
Fish oils
HRX
Carbolin 19
Beta-7
BCAA
ZMA
Surge
Superfood

About $140 as of late.

I’m stuck with BCAA because I’m on a low budget. I bought mine for 1200+ PhP, which is around $30 a month. Good thing some family members also buy fish oil and zinc so I’m not spending as much as I have to. If I can, I might buy some GH and thermogenic stuff as well, and that might triple my expenses.

Im not a big spender on supps probly 100 dollars a month!

Whey Isolate (5lb’s a month)
100% Casein (4lb’s a month)
Cheap multi thats about it

I usually place 2 orders or so a month because I run out of different stuff at different times. I know I go through one each of Metabolic Drive Complete, Flameout, and Surge every month.

I’m not a big protein supplementer, I like real food. Personally, I think if you go through more than 5 lbs of protein powder in a month, your diet needs some work.

I usually order in bulk. Last order was almost $300 but it should last me 4-6 months.

6 jugs-Metabolic Drive
1 jug-creatine

I had a jug of Grow! left from my last order. I buy cheap fish oil in bulk from the grocery store, I want to try flame out but haven’t pulled the trigger, maybe next order.

A lot…probably around what you’re spending or a little less. Metabolic Drive, Surge, Hot-Rox, fish oil, Rez-V, Z-12, zma, Superfood, and the Metabolic Drive bars are what i’ve purchased. Gonna stop the Hot-Rox (almost done with fat loss), ZMA (doesnt seem to do much for me), and Metabolic Drive bars (don’t taste good to me at all and I found some better bars elsewhere). Z-12 I shouldnt have to buy for a while either since I only take it when I really can’t sleep, but the stuff is AMAZING so I will definitely continue purchasing it in the future.

I jumped into weight loss a couple months ago and just decided that money wasnt going to be a barrier though, i just tryed stuff.

This month? 300+… but I too like to experiment.

STAPLES
-whey protein
-creatine
-fish oil
-BCAAs
-and shit ton of caffeine (im cutting back big time though)

EXPERIMENTING
-tons of nootropics (oxi and ani, centrophenixone, vinpo, etc.)
-tons of antioxidants (nac, reservatrol, c-e, ORAC supps)

everytime I go shopping with my mom, I persuade her she needs this and that–than she takes it for 2 days and stops or forgots so I sweep in and take it. Saves me dough/

[quote]nowakc wrote:
A lot…probably around what you’re spending or a little less. Metabolic Drive, Surge, HOT-ROX, fish oil, Rez-V, Z-12, zma, Superfood, and the Metabolic Drive bars are what i’ve purchased. Gonna stop the HOT-ROX (almost done with fat loss), ZMA (doesnt seem to do much for me), and Metabolic Drive bars (don’t taste good to me at all and I found some better bars elsewhere). Z-12 I shouldnt have to buy for a while either since I only take it when I really can’t sleep, but the stuff is AMAZING so I will definitely continue purchasing it in the future.

I jumped into weight loss a couple months ago and just decided that money wasnt going to be a barrier though, i just tryed stuff.

[/quote]

What other bars did you find? You can PM me, as I’m curious…

How many tubs of Metabolic Drive do you guys go through in a month?

I think the simple convenience of shakes and bars make them definitely worthwhile to most of us. I know I didn’t see a lot of the results I do now before I had an office job years ago, and was able to keep a few bars, prot powder, and cashews in my desk, and actually eat some protein every 2 hours.

Too many people worry about the latest NO2 stimulator or other nonsense.

S

Easily in the $300 a month range. As for you guys that say you don’t use but a small tub or less than 5 lbs of protien a month, all I can say is wow. How many grams per lb of body weight are you eating? Do you weigh like 100 lbs? I eat a ton of meat and other protien sources and I still need about 10 lbs of protein a month. You should as a rule eat about 2 to 3 grams of protein per lb of body weight PER DAY. Otherwise your shorting yourself on recovery and definately on growth.

Agreed man I have a real solid diet but I like to keep my protein nice and high so I need my 9 lbs of protein a month …:wink:

250 - 300 euro

Whey
Casein
Bcaa
Glutamine
Creatine
Fish Oil
Multi Vit
Zma

Essentials.

[quote]the_patient wrote:
You should as a rule eat about 2 to 3 grams of protein per lb of body weight PER DAY. Otherwise your shorting yourself on recovery and definately on growth.[/quote]

Source??

All I’m taking now is creatine and Flameout.
Call it $45/month.

Protein powder does not count as a supplement to me.
Although if it did, that’d bump mine up another $30/month.

I probably go through about $60 in Extra Virgin Olive Oil a month though. And food is about $50/week.

$50/wk on food? man, that must be nice, lol

Your supplement bill is definitely high. I’m sure it’s hard to separate the results attributable to the inclusion of supplements, but do you think your results justify the bill?

The only supplements I have are a good multivitamin, a protein powder, and fish oil… I get them all from Costco.

God bless, Costco.