How Much Do You Spend on Food?

I’m just curious how much you guys spend on food weekly/monthly in general?

I’m a single guy and I spend about $300 bucks monthly on just my own groceries. Now I eat organic everything (not going to get into the reasoning why) so I know my costs are a bit more.

Costco has been a good friend of mine though. Deals on bison, chicken, veggies, fruits, and can’t beat the 1 month supply of potatoes for $16!

[quote]isdatnutty wrote:
I’m just curious how much you guys spend on food weekly/monthly in general?

I’m a single guy and I spend about $300 bucks monthly on just my own groceries. Now I eat organic everything (not going to get into the reasoning why) so I know my costs are a bit more.

Costco has been a good friend of mine though. Deals on bison, chicken, veggies, fruits, and can’t beat the 1 month supply of potatoes for $16![/quote]

I’m not sure, I don’t do the shopping, but between my wife and I maybe $125-250 a week from grocery stores? That doesn’t include the 2~ or so meals we eat out a week, but it does include the rest of our dinners, both our lunches, breakfasts, and snacks throughout the week etc. Pretty varied in terms of recipes and obviously the type of meals we have (more seafood in a given week vs say chicken/pork/beef) and whether she needs to “restock” (basic ingredients, herbs, etc) determine the amount.

Mentioning Costco, if it fits your nutrition needs, my wife used to buy the whole vacuumed boneless pork loins. They are cheap ($30?), you get 10~ pounds of meat or so, and if you are comfortable with your knife skills you can make a lot of cuts of pork out of it.

I spend about $100/week on regular stuff - I buy about 4 or 5 vegetables a week (i.e. a head of broccoli, a bundle of asparagus, a bag of Brussels sprouts, and a couple of sweet potatoes), a dozen pastured eggs, a brick of Kerrygold butter, a jar of coconut oil if I’m out, a pint of heavy cream, a quart or two of grass-fed whole milk, coffee beans if I need them.

Plus, I spend $200-400/month to get lots of grass-fed beef and other meat goodies delivered to my apartment.

When my fiancee is in town, that weekly bill can get a little higher, as we both enjoy cooking and usually get a bit fancy.

I realize that my grocery bill is quite high, but it’s worth the cost to me (and I don’t spend money on much besides food and other fitness-related stuff).

You guys are very lucky!

I’m from Croatia and the standard here is pretty shitty.

If you take into account that the average salary is around $850 a month, you basically don’t even have enough money to finance your food requirements if you want to eat clean.

e.g. yesterday i wanted to buy some asparagus and a bundle (sufficient for maybe 2 skinny meals) costs around $7.

I basically spend around $200 a month for food, mainly because I can’t afford more (once you take other expenses, such as utilities, gym, supplements).

About $450/month.
Eat about 4 whole chickens a week.
about 1.5 # red meat a week
about 1.0 # of Salmon a week
about 1.5 to 2 dozen eggs a week.
Huge amount of Nuts and Seeds.
Huge amount of vegetables…

Avoiding grains at all costs…

[quote]isdatnutty wrote:
I’m just curious how much you guys spend on food weekly/monthly in general?[/quote]
Monthly groceries run about $700 for a family of four, one dog, and three cats.

Plus $550/yr to join a local organic CSA farm that delivers two bags-worth of right-outta-the-ground vegetables every week from June to November (breaks down to about $22/wk, paid in advance).

Chicken, ground beef, dairy, eggs, and coffee are organic from Costco/BJs. Fruit and produce is also preferably organic if we pick it up at the store.

(Full disclosure: Booze spending is probably $30-50/month on top of the groceries. Red wine and bourbon from the neighborhood shop.)

60-80$ a week for groceries depending on if I need any seasonings/sauces

I eat out maybe once a week so throw an extra 20$ on top.

[quote]iconi wrote:
I basically spend around $200 a month for food, mainly because I can’t afford more (once you take other expenses, such as utilities, gym, supplements).[/quote]
If you’re taking money away from an already-tight food budget to allow yourself more money to spend on supplements, you’re doing things wrong.

I just saw your other thread and it looks like you’re taking several supplements that you simply don’t need or could easily do without. Seriously, if money’s that tight, you can (and should) drop about half of the supps you’re taking and reallocate it into food.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]iconi wrote:
I basically spend around $200 a month for food, mainly because I can’t afford more (once you take other expenses, such as utilities, gym, supplements).[/quote]
If you’re taking money away from an already-tight food budget to allow yourself more money to spend on supplements, you’re doing things wrong.

I just saw your other thread and it looks like you’re taking several supplements that you simply don’t need or could easily do without. Seriously, if money’s that tight, you can (and should) drop about half of the supps you’re taking and reallocate it into food.[/quote]

not rly taking away from the food budget, maybe to a small extent. I get supplements mostly on sales, so monthly I maybe spend around $60 bucks on average on sups. Keep in mind that preworkout supps last a long time so basically the most $$$ goes toward whey which is around $70 for 11 lbs and that lasts me for about two months.

Can’t really get a decent amount of food in case of dropping some of the supps, since, like I said, the monthly cost of other supps is negligable.

e.g. i got 5lbs of BCAA for around $50 on sale and that should last me a bunch.

Switched jobs about a month ago, better $$$, so I’ll have a bit more to spend on food :slight_smile:

The main point is that food is too ****** expensive here :confused:

P.S. as you can see, no chance of me getting some quality Biotest supplements :stuck_out_tongue: