How Much Do You Spend on Food a Week?

Damn…close to $210.

~120 on groceries
~75 on eating out
~15-20 supps.

I should probably stop buying the grass fed beef cuts from whole foods. Those run easily $50-60 a week for 4lbs. But they are damn tasty.

i figured people like us tend to pay more. WORD!

[quote]Anonymity wrote:
I should probably stop buying the grass fed beef cuts from whole foods. Those run easily $50-60 a week for 4lbs. But they are damn tasty.

[/quote]

Do you have any small meat markets or butchers that you trust for quality nearby? Those are some crazy prices for grass fed beef.

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[/quote]

Do you have any small meat markets or butchers that you trust for quality nearby? Those are some crazy prices for grass fed beef.[/quote]

$15/pound for grass fed beef is expensive???

FML I can’t even buy non-grassfed beef for that price…

FML I have to move out of this frackin area…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[/quote]

Do you have any small meat markets or butchers that you trust for quality nearby? Those are some crazy prices for grass fed beef.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well maybe not. Ill either get my beef from my family’s ranch or some even closer to where I live now. Keep in mind that around 90% of the private land owned in the area I live is used for agriculture with beef being the main product. When I actually buy it from others, I get it for around $4/lb. But I guarantee you its not like that in most places in Texas. Just a benefit for where I live.

Disclaimer: I’m not a dood, so I don’t have ya’lls caloric requirements.

Used to spent about $100 a week on food (quality food, hence the cost).

I currently spend about $20 every week now; I’ve taken to acquiring my meat live and butchering it myself. Major cost saver + higher-quality meat + visceral thrill and satisfaction of doing it myself.

I bought a live mini-angus off Craigslist and butchered it in my parents’ garage. Worked out to about $0.97 a pound. Got a 100-ish lb pig from an Amish guy for $50, did that in myself also. Add in the two deer I caught this past hunting season and the fish from my fishing hobby (sure to pick up again once the blasted coldness goes away), and, well… As you can imagine, I have a LOT of jerky in my food cellar.

I spend about $100/week minimum on groceries (not supps or meals out), but food is fucking expensive in Canada.

Damn Squiggles, $0.97/lb, I’ve got to start killing stuff.

Shit, like 70 bucks for me. I hit a butcher’s shop for best deals on meat and a chain grocer for frozen veggies and rice.

2 lbs ground lamb 10
10 pounds chicken breast 20
5 pounds ground beed 15
10 frozen salmon filets 10
5 bags of frozen spinach
5 bags of frozen broccoli/aspargus

I buy a gallon of EVOO at the beginning of the month for 17

and a big jar f basamati brown rice for 12

oats usually last 2 weeks each at like 2 bucks per container

You guys need to start going to small butcher shops. After a while the staff get to know you and throw you deals. And, even if they don’t they are still cheaper and fresher than what you get at chains…often times they have a better variety too…you might come across some game at a butcher whereas a chain only has steak and chicken breasts.

I’m the biggest dude in this thread I think and I cant ever imagine spending more than 80-90 bucks a week on food.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

I currently spend about $20 every week now; I’ve taken to acquiring my meat live and butchering it myself. Major cost saver + higher-quality meat + visceral thrill and satisfaction of doing it myself.

I bought a live mini-angus off Craigslist and butchered it in my parents’ garage. Worked out to about $0.97 a pound. Got a 100-ish lb pig from an Amish guy for $50, did that in myself also. Add in the two deer I caught this past hunting season and the fish from my fishing hobby (sure to pick up again once the blasted coldness goes away), and, well… As you can imagine, I have a LOT of jerky in my food cellar.[/quote]

Sexiest visual Ive ever gotten on this site.

You all covered in blood with a big assmachete…and dead animals laying at your feet…

Oh man, I’m having a moment.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

I bought a live mini-angus off Craigslist and butchered it in my parents’ garage. Worked out to about $0.97 a pound. Got a 100-ish lb pig from an Amish guy for $50, did that in myself also. Add in the two deer I caught this past hunting season and the fish from my fishing hobby (sure to pick up again once the blasted coldness goes away), and, well… As you can imagine, I have a LOT of jerky in my food cellar.[/quote]

respect

$125 a week on average, including supplements. Would be alot more if i relied on whole food entirely for my protein instead of powders.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

You make 95% of the U.S male population look like 10yr old girls. Good for you.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

Are you in the market for a wife? I make a good stew :wink:

Where the hell do you people live? When I bulk on 5000 calories per day cleanly I still only spend about 60/week. When I cut/maintenance cycle I’m at about 45.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm…I’ve never heard of something like top round being more than 4.99/lbs. and that’s living in Boston. Where the hell do you live?

excluding suplements
£100-£150
probably
$150-$250

I actually need to start buying cheaper food

Also in the UK its incredibly hard/illegal to hunt/kill yourself :frowning:

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

Nice. How the hell did you “catch” deer during the season? I usually catch them with a .270 or an arrow. lol

[quote]brute_fury wrote:
I just told my coworkers how much I spend on food a week and apparently I’m WAY above average.

They aren’t atheltes of any kind, and not particularly health conscious yet my $75-110 a week on food is way mmore then they spend. I buy mostly produce, so maybe that’s part of it.

what about you guys? I would imagine most of you eat fairly well.[/quote]

500$ a month.

I usually manage to kill several deer each, a couple feral pigs, a bunch of ducks, some cranes, and anything else legal to kill and tasty. Butchering everything yourself saves cost and you know exactly how that animal was processed.

There are also certain plants you can forage from the wild. Pokeweed, cress etc.

squirrel is pretty good to :smiley:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, I need to look into this. Should be a decent butcher around - I live in Chicago.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm…I’ve never heard of something like top round being more than 4.99/lbs. and that’s living in Boston. Where the hell do you live? [/quote]

In DC mate…

Sure you can pick up some swill for $5, but I like better cuts of meat…sirloin, ribeye, etc…I paid $10.99 for my 16 oz ribeye yesterday…and that was on special at Giant…

I could probably save money buying more in bulk, but I travel a lot for work so I’m pretty much stuck buying things separately or else it will go bad…