How Much Do You Spend on Food a Week?

I just told my coworkers how much I spend on food a week and apparently I’m WAY above average.

They aren’t atheltes of any kind, and not particularly health conscious yet my $75-110 a week on food is way mmore then they spend. I buy mostly produce, so maybe that’s part of it.

what about you guys? I would imagine most of you eat fairly well.

I’m in that range but it lasts me a 2-3 weeks. sometimes a bit higher when my protein runs out since it lasts more than a single week.

is OP male or female?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
is OP male or female?[/quote]

Female.

I spend $125-150 CAD so you’re not too bad. Me → :=)

shit like $200-250

Well over $200 every two weeks for just me.

easily over 90$ a week

I’m a poor college student, but…

3lbs pork, 3lbs chicken, 3lbs hamburger-~18
3 gallons of milk ~$10
4 lbs rice ~$2.50
36 eggs ~$4.00
6 sweet potatoes ~$4.50
12 bananas $2.50
Total: $41.50

that’s if i stick to my diet 100%. I usually buy some extra snacks or something though. Gets me ~4200 cals/day.

I budget about $25/day for food…this doesn’t include supps or meals out with my g/f or friends on the weekends…But I also live in Washington DC and food here is frackin expensive…being 280# doesn’t help…

about $100 CAD if I don’t eat out

Maybe $125 not counting eating out. I eat out usually once or twice a week, if you eat 6 times a day its really impractical to eat out since your spending like $10 on 1/6th of your food that particular day.

I’m in the same boat as the OP. At work I told people what I spend ($110 to 125 every week) and some people spend that much for about a month and half. I was like “Do eat Ramen noodles for every meal?” The meats will really kill your grocery bill. I’m tall and 225 pounds with a high metabolism. I eat about 5000 cal a day for maintenance.

Around 80 bucks every other week. And that’s only on the meat, fish, veg and fruit.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:
I’m in the same boat as the OP. At work I told people what I spend ($110 to 125 every week) and some people spend that much for about a month and half. I was like “Do eat Ramen noodles for every meal?” The meats will really kill your grocery bill. I’m tall and 225 pounds with a high metabolism. I eat about 5000 cal a day for maintenance.[/quote]

Rice comes out to ~2,100 cals/dollar if you buy it in 10lb bags (at least where I shop). Can’t really get a cheaper source of cals than that lol.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
I’m a poor college student, but…

3lbs pork, 3lbs chicken, 3lbs hamburger-~18
3 gallons of milk ~$10
4 lbs rice ~$2.50
36 eggs ~$4.00
6 sweet potatoes ~$4.50
12 bananas $2.50
Total: $41.50

that’s if i stick to my diet 100%. I usually buy some extra snacks or something though. Gets me ~4200 cals/day.[/quote]

That’s basically what I get. Replace the sweet potatoes for a 10lb bag of russet potatoes for ~$4, and add in a big bag of pinto beans

over 9000

~70 bones.

DFW-TX area.
$100.00 week including suppliments.

70-100 excluding supps. It could easily be higher but I supply my own pork, venison(deer meat), fish, and elk. Sometimes beef. Ill splurge and buy beef thats local as well. Ill never buy beef(or most meat) from Wal-Mart again.

I want to see Prof X in this thread, bricks will be shat.