How Much Do You Leg Press?

Back home from school for about a month so I’ve been taking advantage of my favorite leg press which they have at my local gym. I was just curious on how much you guys regularly press and how you incorporate the leg press into your routine. And yes I do many variations of squats…

I usually start with 1 plate each side and then go 2,3,4 etc all the way up to 8 plates per side. (8 reps).
Bodyweight 170 Height 5’9’’

I attached a pic of the leg press i use loaded up with a little over 1000 lbs for 2 days ago.

I don’t leg press frequently, so I don’t know. I’m sure if I committed to it I could put up 1000+lbs at least since I’m a 500+lbs squatter.

Why do you care anyway? Is leg press giving you what you want?

I am just curious who uses it and how they use it. Feet position, low reps, high volume, first/last on leg day, etc. Just trying to learn a little bit maybe get some new ideas for my training.

[quote]Cronus wrote:
I am just curious who uses it and how they use it. Feet position, low reps, high volume, first/last on leg day, etc. Just trying to learn a little bit maybe get some new ideas for my training. [/quote]
Then you should address in your OP that you want to know how others leg press rather than how much they leg press since that’s what you’re after. That way you don’t you ask each and every poster.

True. I thought “how you incorporate it into your training” would generate discussion about all that but yes good point.

[quote]Cronus wrote:
True. I thought “how you incorporate it into your training” would generate discussion about all that but yes good point. [/quote]
It’s that people pay more attention to the thread title, so it skews how they read the OP.

My opinion is that a thread about leg press numbers is useless without video because Ive never seen the ROM variation on other lifts as I do with the leg press.

I dont usually leg press, but the last time I did was on a machine version at my college gym. I maxed the machine’s weight(500 lbs) and hit 12 reps. This was after fatigue so I dont know what I could really do, nor do I care.

People usually treat leg press like BB shrugs, more weight = less rom.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
My opinion is that a thread about leg press numbers is useless without video because Ive never seen the ROM variation on other lifts as I do with the leg press. [/quote]
x2

I leg press 2000 lb

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
I leg press 2000 lb [/quote]
I guess I could leg press more than 1000 then.

got 1400 once.

ive never went heavy but i can do 1000 for 15 reps without going anywhere enar failure lol

I don’t usually leg press. But when I do… The whole gym knows about it.

There are 3 different leg presses at my gym, and I can press a different amount on each… so who really knows?

I figured being in a bodybuilding forum that full ROM was implied unless stated otherwise, as in lowering until your quads hit your chest, which prevents you from lowering further. Obviously there are different leg press machines (i was only referring to plate loaded ones because ive never seen a pin stack one go over 500 lbs…)

Idk if anyone read anything I wrote but I was interested in how people integrate the leg press into their routine and how much they use in sets compared to their max weight…haven’t got a response yet? Obviously the leg press is an excellent tool to build leg size I figured most people on this site did this exercise?

Why don’t we just forget about our “max” then and discuss how we press.

I guess I thought the title would attract people who were interested in talking about the leg press my mistake

Friend of mine was bragging he could “press 600 pounds with his legs”. I said, cool story bro, let me so you do at least a parallel squat. He managed 160 pounds for 1 rep with +/- form. I laughed. I guess he just bent his knees on the leg press :slight_smile:

Machines have different setups, resulting in much less weight actually loaded on your legs.