How Much Do You Hack Squat?

The guy with the bodybuilding.com shirt looks like his back should have broken. Is that you Nate?

That’s why I don’t do it. Feels like a deadlift with bad form. When I did it I think I used the power rack and started with it a bit higher, but my glutes still get in the way and I feel like it isn’t doing a ton for my quads. Lighter weight and better form is the best way to go probably. Probably isn’t even a reason to fully extend the hips.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
405 is not much? Damn I suck.

Iv hit 325 belt-less.[/quote]

And in time you’ll hit 405. It’s not a bad lift but there are other athletic achievements I’ve made that I’d consider impressive. My squat right now just defiantly isn’t one of them.

[quote]conwict wrote:
Feels like a deadlift with bad form.[/quote]

Well it’s pretty hard to make a barbell hack squat’s load be put on the scapula. Every other compound lift that’s where the load should be put but because your legs are in the way it just doesn’t work on the hack squat. Even though very strong people can move very strong weights with it, I wouldn’t try it.

Back Squats: don’t do them any more
Hack Squat 180x20
Front Squat 135x15

[quote]conwict wrote:
The guy with the bodybuilding.com shirt looks like his back should have broken. Is that you Nate?[/quote]

Ahhh…no, that’s not me. I posted my photo above. And it’s the same photo they also used in the article.