How Much Do You Drink?

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I really don’t like it - end up shouting at the tv. [/quote]
Were you watching Aliens? I told you it fucking sucks. See what happens when you choose to remain in denial?

:smiley:

I used drink a lot everyday when I had to entertain clients. Now that I rarely have to, I don’t drink at all. Never liked alcohol.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
There’s gotta be a genetic predisposition to liking alcohol and alcoholism.
[/quote]

Whether nature or nurture I believe this is well established as true.

I could be wrong though I’m no expert.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I can’t understand someone like Beans who likes to get tanked on his own. Not saying it’s wrong or that he shouldn’t do it, just that I’d never be into it.

[/quote]

I mean, in my defense, it isn’t like I get hammered and start fights with the TV or cry myself to sleep over some hardship.

Look, I love drinking. The taste, the smell, the warm rush as the buzz takes hold. That perfect level of relaxed that you can maintain with just a small sip every so often.

I drink because I enjoy it. I don’t need it to be extroverted, nor do I need it to “say what I really feel”. I don’t need a single drink to go out and have a good time. (Not saying you or anyone does, just making a point.) I drink because I like the way it feels, at the time. (I’m too old to like the way it feels the next day lol.)

Why the fuck would I want to piss away the awesome by generally ignoring it due to having to have conversation, or pay attention to anyone else?

Give me a 4 finger glass of whiskey, some music* that fits my mood and knowing my family is upstairs safe and asleep… I’m in hog fucking heaven. I can ponder life’s eternal questions, or read about something that interests me. Or I can sit there and just chill. I don’t have to answer to anyone, nor do anything I don’t want to do, like talk to someone. (I’m an extrovert, but some days I’ve just had enough of people.)

*Been listening to Slash’s new stuff a lot lately with Myles Kennedy. Seeing as Slash was shit housed for most of his life, he still plays like he is drunk. So when you’re drunk… Man does it sound even better. [/quote]

yeah man I mean I know you’re not an alcoholic or whatever, I just really don’t like drinking if I’ve no one to talk to

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I really don’t like it - end up shouting at the tv. [/quote]
Were you watching Aliens? I told you it fucking sucks. See what happens when you choose to remain in denial?

:D[/quote]

you filthy bitch

Usually a beer or two a night during the week, whether alone or not. Usually 3 drinks (often, but not always beer) over the course of the day on the weekends, at a couple different places. The sheer diversity of beers available locally means a lot of novelty-seeking.

I used to mix a drink or two at least every few days, back when I had regular access to ice. Nowadays the freezer is for food, rather than ice, vodka and gin. I still have lots of liquor for drinking and mixing, but I don’t do that much. Occasionally sip on some tequila, or an aged rum.

If I’m out and just want to hold onto a nice buzz, I’ll often just sip on a mid-range cognac.

I’d probably drink more wine if it were cheaper, and we actually finished off a bottle in a night. Drinking most of a bottle by myself is more than I really like, unless I start earlier in the day.

So… I drink daily, and almost entirely for the flavor. If I didn’t enjoy the flavors, I probably wouldn’t drink.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
Serious question. Daily? Weekends? A little? A lot? Do you drink on your own?[/quote]
I’ll often have a whiskey double or a generous glass of wine at home, either while cooking dinner or along with it. My only self-restriction is to not drink on days I lift. It’s more an arbitrary rule to keep things simple (and affordable) rather than anything to do with booze and gainzz.

And x2 what Rez said about the flavors. If all whiskey tasted like cheap whiskey, I’d stop drinking whiskey without a second thought.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
You know when I drink alone I prefer to be by myself.[/quote]
Just you and your good buddy, Weiser. That’s all you’ll ever need.

I have half a glass of wine every 7-8 months

4-5 drinks a day, typically a glass of wine before dinner, a glass or two during, and a glass afterwards. At that point I’m not going to leave just one glass in the bottle, so I’ll finish it.

I mostly drink alone because the alternative would be having guests for dinner every night.

I’ll usually a few drinks one night per week during the workweek. Saturdays usually six or so, and the occasional Sunday am Bloody Mary (or 3). I maybe get just plain drunk about once a season. And obliterated maybe once a year. I like drinking; flavor and feeling. A little hedonism is nice.

One (fairly stiff) tanqueray & tonic a bit after dinner while I read the paper or a magazine. It’s my “me” time.

Probably one to four times per week, but it’s ONE drink, either a glass of wine or a beer at dinner or when I am at an event of some sorts. I have no desire to drink more than a drink when I do, nor can I tolerate more. One drink does not do anything bad to the body, I believe.

I also have one or two cigarettes per YEAR.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
4-5 drinks a day, typically a glass of wine before dinner, a glass or two during, and a glass afterwards. At that point I’m not going to leave just one glass in the bottle, so I’ll finish it.

I mostly drink alone because the alternative would be having guests for dinner every night.[/quote]

thought you were shacked up with some smoking hot dance instructor?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I also have one or two cigarettes per YEAR. [/quote]

I like a cigarette when I’m drinking. It’s rare that I have a sober cigarette but it happens every now and then.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

I mostly drink alone because the alternative would be having guests for dinner every night.[/quote]

thought you were shacked up with some smoking hot dance instructor?[/quote]

Oh, I am.

But she works late most nights.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I also have one or two cigarettes per YEAR. [/quote]

I like a cigarette when I’m drinking. It’s rare that I have a sober cigarette but it happens every now and then.[/quote]

I usually have one on New Year’s Eve and one on my birthday. It’s a guilty pleasure and I have no desire for them really. I just really like the little buzz from one of them. They are gross and bad for you though. :slight_smile:

I ate a pot cookie by total accident in April and was freaking high as a kite until early afternoon the next work day. Last time I had pot or any recreational drug before this was in 1997. Some woman gave my wife leftover cookies made with pot oil. I go to the freezer for my frozen veggies and notice cookies there. I say to myself, “Hmm, frozen cookies? Strange. Never tried cookies cold. Let’s see.” So I eat one. That night I was pissed about something (did I ever tell you people I’m a moody dude? LOL). So I’m walking the dog pissed off, and then all of the sudden I have not a care in the world. I go home feeling great. I plop into bed and my wife comes home and says, “B, did you have one of those cookies?” I reply, “yeah, why?” She says, “Those were the pot cookies so-and-so gave us.” “No wonder I don’t give a shit about anything!”, I reply.

It was the most psychedelic night and I went to work not giving a damn about anything. :slight_smile:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
And x2 what Rez said about the flavors. If all whiskey tasted like cheap whiskey, I’d stop drinking whiskey without a second thought.
[/quote]

Same here. I rarely drink for the buzz. It’s all about the flavor and satisfying the taste buds.

[/quote]

Honestly, that sounds miserable, lol. The buzz is the best part.

I can’t stand beer to be honest, and will only drink it if I’m going to have a few and get drunk. Whiskey & certain scotches only if I’m having “one” drink. And yes, nothign cheap.

I drank a lot of wine in college, so I tend to stay away from it now. I like the good stuff and can and will put down an entire bottle. Same reason I don’t buy Middleton’s. Shit is too expensive at the rate I drink it.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

It was the most psychedelic night and I went to work not giving a damn about anything. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Man, I wish. All weed does is make me stupid and give me crippling anxiety for the next 3 or 4 days. I get lost in my own head and can’t follow basic conversation, then once the fog really sets in, the anxiety just slams its way home.