How Much Do You Drink?

anyone else scared to drink with Beans in case he gets… amorous?

-Never ask a Navy man if he wants another drink…because it’s no one’s damn business how many he’s already had!
-You were in the Coast Guard!

But seriously…It varies for me. I’ll go through stages where I rarely drink, and then I’ll go through stages (like a couple months ago) where I have a drink or three just about every night - sometimes mixed, sometimes beer. Currently I haven’t had a drink since around the third week of September - drinking on US flagged vessels is generally frowned upon, and in port it’s too much of a hassle to go out very often. Probably have a few around Christmas, since I’ll still be out here, but I can easily go months without a drop - even when we’ve got the fridge stocked at home. I’ve got to be in the mood to drink, even if it’s just a beer or cocktail before dinner. And I’ve never gotten to the point where I enjoy eating anything while drinking beer - if I have a beer at a restaurant and our food comes out to quick, I end up chugging the beer so I can switch to water or soda.

Earlier in life, there was a time (about a 6-8 month period) where I was drinking several drinks 3-4 nights per week - Tuesday was margarita night at one place (32oz margaritas - $4), Thursday was buck-a-Bud at another place, and Friday and Saturday we were cruising the local bars and clubs. It never became an issue, I just got tired of watching my money disappear. Then I got more serious about lifting and a proper diet, and watched my money disappear somewhere else!

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
I really enjoy the “feel” as liquor hits my system. How the warmth kind of spreads through your chest, and down your legs and into your feet. [/quote]

that’s my problem - I’m too into it. Every time I drink I end up shitfaced, so I need to pick my moments[/quote]

This is part of our cultural heritage in the British Isles, embrace it!
[/quote]

haha, I’d love to but the hangovers cripple me!

I’ve joined the same gym as you, by the way. I’m going to find you…
[/quote]

I’m easy to spot. Is its still Monday afternoons you get in?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
anyone else scared to drink with Beans in case he gets… amorous?[/quote]

Who knows? You might like it…[/quote]

that’s what I’m scared of

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
I really enjoy the “feel” as liquor hits my system. How the warmth kind of spreads through your chest, and down your legs and into your feet. [/quote]

that’s my problem - I’m too into it. Every time I drink I end up shitfaced, so I need to pick my moments[/quote]

This is part of our cultural heritage in the British Isles, embrace it!
[/quote]

haha, I’d love to but the hangovers cripple me!

I’ve joined the same gym as you, by the way. I’m going to find you…
[/quote]

I’m easy to spot. Is its still Monday afternoons you get in?[/quote]

Usually, but I’m in the process of moving to Edinburgh so I’ll probably be there most days at some point now

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
One (fairly stiff) tanqueray & tonic a bit after dinner while I read the paper or a magazine. It’s my “me” time.[/quote]

White Russian, Dude?

Hi buddies,

I hardly ever drink. Maybe on the occasional weekend with dinner or if Im on my annual holiday.

Although last night I was at a work function and I had about 10 beers over 4 hours. Woke up feeling pretty ordinary today and I vow never to drink more than 4 drinks in a session again.

Uncle Bird.

tweet

IPA the bitter the better. 2-4 per day.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
One (fairly stiff) tanqueray & tonic a bit after dinner while I read the paper or a magazine. It’s my “me” time.[/quote]

White Russian, Dude?[/quote]

Yeah, well. The Dude evolves.

This has been an interesting read; lots of different habits.

Over the past year or so I’ve been pretty much daily. For the most part it’s one drink at night past 10. Whiskey. Wine and beer is a social drink but I like drinking whiskey alone. It has a different effect than wine or beer. I love the taste, feel and how the effect is like a liquid Quaalude.

I have to cut back because I’m getting fat; drifting too far over my weight class.

A flask full of Tito’s while out on the town with the wife a couple of times a month is it for me.

Drinking never made me aggressive or belligerent, thank God. At best I become a buffoon. At worst I’m the room’s biggest flirt.

I hate wine, though. Makes me tired and irritable.

[quote]Jork wrote:
IPA the bitter the better. 2-4 per day.[/quote]

Then you are ready to sleep all day.

Just going to bump this because I’m hung the fuck over at work right now, and need someone, anyone to complain to about it.

Wouldn’ t you rather be doing a headstand on a merry go r9und while munching on a cold,oily fish sandwich? Mmmm!

This is a fairly accurate description of how I feel right now.

I’m not at work, but I’m hungover, so I sort of feel your pain

1 Like

Generally I drink once a week, 1 full 70cl bottle of whiskey or bourbon, often alone though, preferably with friends if they are available.

You tan a whole bottle of whiskey just sitting in the house by yourself??? Crikey