How Much Do You Drink?

Serious question. Daily? Weekends? A little? A lot? Do you drink on your own?

I go out at least once a month, whether or not Iā€™m getting shattered depends on the month.

I might have a single drink once or twice a month at my buddies house typically. Havenā€™t seen in awhile though, been a month or two.

Iā€™ll drink at home alone maybe two or three times a month, once a week at most. Typically just catch a good buzz to take the edge off and actually fall asleep. Three or four times a year Iā€™ll absolutely tie one the fuck on and get hammered.

I prefer to do my serious drinking alone. Me, a bottle of jameson and a pint glass.

I like to have 1-2 beers a night 3/5 weeknights and one weekend night and maybe 4-6 drinks once a month, almost always on a weekend.

Edit-I donā€™t drink alone often but Iā€™m not often alone and have certainly had some drinks with the finest company in the world on occasion

I have never had a drop.

My fiancee and I will share a bottle of wine at least once a month when we cook a nice dinner.

On my own, maybe a whiskey or two after work on Friday to unwind and start the weekend.

Occasionally, if a buddy is in town, Iā€™ll go out and have a whiskey or cocktail.

Beyond that, just special occasions (weddings, bachelor parties, networking events, etc).

1-3 beers a week, generally, with the occasional glass of dinner wine a few times per month.

I used to put down maybe 15 to 18 beers a night plus a couple of percs or vics. On weekends with a couple of eight-balls the sky was the limit.

I have never had a drink in my life.

3-4 beers a week on 3 different days.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
Serious question. Daily? Weekends? A little? A lot? Do you drink on your own?[/quote]

Why do want to know? It seems like an interesting enough question, but if youā€™re trying to identify "normal think this is the place.

Iā€™ll answer anywayā€“these days Iā€™m normally a 1-3 drink/week guy. Right now I am going through the early stages of a divorce so Iā€™m more in the 7-10 per week. Life kind of sucks and a good nightcap makes the difference between sleeping or not.

I used to be a Mad Men style lush, 3 martinis per night got me toƂĀ normal, 5, was fun and anymore than that was a party. Iā€™ll never be that guy again. Honestly, lifting have made the difference and I hope will continue to.

I stick to mainly beer. My norm is to buy a case of Bud and 1/2 case of Heineken Light and try to make it last the week. 36/7 = about 5 a day, which in the summer is pretty easy to do. Some summer days Iā€™m good for 10-15 beers a dayā€¦ so my intake varies. Now it has cooled off a bunch so I do about 3 a day and my kids nail my stash too. But then again, anything of theirs in MY refrigerator is fair game too.

I drink quite a bit alone, or hang out with the cat and we watch TV together.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
Serious question. Daily? Weekends? A little? A lot? Do you drink on your own?[/quote]

Why do want to know? It seems like an interesting enough question, but if youā€™re trying to identify "normal think this is the place.

Iā€™ll answer anywayā€“these days Iā€™m normally a 1-3 drink/week guy. Right now I am going through the early stages of a divorce so Iā€™m more in the 7-10 per week. Life kind of sucks and a good nightcap makes the difference between sleeping or not.

I used to be a Mad Men style lush, 3 martinis per night got me toƃ?ƂĀ normal, 5, was fun and anymore than that was a party. Iā€™ll never be that guy again. Honestly, lifting have made the difference and I hope will continue to.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear about the divorce I hope everything works out in the long run.

It varies considerably. The past several months have been pretty mild though, and I kind of want to keep it that way. Probably about 3 drinks twice a week. Usually with someone else, occasionally alone if Iā€™m in the mood.

Probably about a drink every 2-3 months on average. Never on my own, and usually only for the experience (e.g. exotic drink at a bar or something). My Russian ancestors must be rolling around in their graves.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:
[/quote]

Iā€™m just curious after talking to a mate of mine about it the other day. He mentioned he was trying to cut down his drinking, as it turns out he drinks 4 gin martinis every night after work. That struck me as quite a lot to drink on his own. Iā€™ve another mate whoā€™ll happily sit and drink his way through 12 beers over the course of an evening, starting from when he gets home from work until itā€™s time to go to bed.

I was curious what other people did because I NEVER drink alone. I think Iā€™ve done it maybe 3 times in my life, and only ever gotten drunk solo once. I really donā€™t like it - end up shouting at the tv. I canā€™t understand someone like Beans who likes to get tanked on his own. Not saying itā€™s wrong or that he shouldnā€™t do it, just that Iā€™d never be into it.

I hardly ever drink, personally, but when I do I like to get good and shitfaced. Only happens every few months though. Used to be a couple of times a weekend every weekend when I was young, but now Iā€™m old and antisocial. If all my mates gave up drinking Iā€™d never drink again.

By myself, I rarely drink if ever, but if I go out to a bar or go dancing I will have a few long islands.

Thereā€™s gotta be a genetic predisposition to liking alcohol and alcoholism.

I drank a lot in college but ever since then I can count the number of times Iā€™ve drank per year in one hand.

Iā€™m the guy at the bar drinking Perrier

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I canā€™t understand someone like Beans who likes to get tanked on his own. Not saying itā€™s wrong or that he shouldnā€™t do it, just that Iā€™d never be into it.

[/quote]

I mean, in my defense, it isnā€™t like I get hammered and start fights with the TV or cry myself to sleep over some hardship.

Look, I love drinking. The taste, the smell, the warm rush as the buzz takes hold. That perfect level of relaxed that you can maintain with just a small sip every so often.

I drink because I enjoy it. I donā€™t need it to be extroverted, nor do I need it to ā€œsay what I really feelā€. I donā€™t need a single drink to go out and have a good time. (Not saying you or anyone does, just making a point.) I drink because I like the way it feels, at the time. (Iā€™m too old to like the way it feels the next day lol.)

Why the fuck would I want to piss away the awesome by generally ignoring it due to having to have conversation, or pay attention to anyone else?

Give me a 4 finger glass of whiskey, some music* that fits my mood and knowing my family is upstairs safe and asleepā€¦ Iā€™m in hog fucking heaven. I can ponder lifeā€™s eternal questions, or read about something that interests me. Or I can sit there and just chill. I donā€™t have to answer to anyone, nor do anything I donā€™t want to do, like talk to someone. (Iā€™m an extrovert, but some days Iā€™ve just had enough of people.)

*Been listening to Slashā€™s new stuff a lot lately with Myles Kennedy. Seeing as Slash was shit housed for most of his life, he still plays like he is drunk. So when youā€™re drunkā€¦ Man does it sound even better.