How Much Do You Curl?

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
115 x 6 reps with the olympic bar. Decent form though.[/quote]

Nice avitar. ‘The Shining’

I guess about 115 for 5 or 6 at the end of a workout.

Some gym in my city (Taipei) that I don’t go to has an annual EZ curl bar competition…I saw the video and some guy did the EZ bar with a 45 on either side for 20.

I want to go beat him next year.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
225 1RM

Nice! Good work, man:)

I use the EZ curl bar… and I can do 90 x 6. Generally not that cool… but eh… I only weigh 123. I’d love to get to my bodyweight soon. [/quote]

hope you know i was kidding.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
95x3. still have tiny biceps. i’d blame genetics but it won’t change anything. more curls are on the agenda.

if thats what you look like in your pic then id blame it on a lack of food moreso than genetics.

hah. fair enough. i do eat upwards of 3000 calories per day, 3500 on training days, but my weight still isn’t going up. I’m going to try and up the cal intake some more. Considering mixing a bag of chocolate chips with a jar of peanut butter and eating spoons of that throughout the day. that pic is 10lbs and several months old.[/quote]

dude you have to up the cals. i eat anywhere from 5 to 7,000 calories a day and i only weigh 200@ 6 feet. it is very challenging to gain weight naturally with an extremely fast metabolism. i dont even drink coffee in the mornings anymore because caffiene increases your metabolic rate.

just keep going at it.

i did an e-z bar with 45’s for 8. im not a very strong curler though. but whatevs

[quote]Nards wrote:
I guess about 115 for 5 or 6 at the end of a workout.

Some gym in my city (Taipei) that I don’t go to has an annual EZ curl bar competition…I saw the video and some guy did the EZ bar with a 45 on either side for 20.

I want to go beat him next year.[/quote]

20 reps is alot. With a decent amount of weight, doing 15+ reps makes your biceps feel like they are gonna pop.

135 x 6 with olympic bar. not braggin but that turns heads in my gym.

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
135 x 6 with olympic bar. not braggin but that turns heads in my gym.[/quote]

Yeah that would turn heads. That’s pretty strong.

Best so far is with the Olympic bar 65kgx5 and with the ez curl 25kg per sidex6

does anyone do curls with Dumb bells anymore?

with a straight bar I usually do 5 sets of 8 with 100# I use 30,40,50,and then 60# dumbells sets of 3 each one
not sure what my 1rm is I never drain the tank all the way curls are my warm up.

135 for 2 sets of 6, EZ bar never really gone for a 1RM though.

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
does anyone do curls with Dumb bells anymore?

with a straight bar I usually do 5 sets of 8 with 100# I use 30,40,50,and then 60# dumbells sets of 3 each one
not sure what my 1rm is I never drain the tank all the way curls are my warm up.[/quote]

I was doing incline DB curls for a while, they are pretty good but now I’ve sprained my shoulder I’m taking a break from them.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
225 1RM

I use the EZ curl bar… and I can do 90 x 6. Generally not that cool… but eh… I only weigh 123. I’d love to get to my bodyweight soon.

hope you know i was kidding.[/quote]

what? you were? Oh well. It would’ve been kick ass if you could curl 225. lol

oh and I don’t have THE ez curl bar… I have a bar that is similar to it… but much longer and is fitted for standard plates… cambered I think they’re called? It weighs 10.2lbs and I picked it up at Walmart for something like $20-$30

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
225 1RM

I use the EZ curl bar… and I can do 90 x 6. Generally not that cool… but eh… I only weigh 123. I’d love to get to my bodyweight soon.

oh and I don’t have THE ez curl bar… I have a bar that is similar to it… but much longer and is fitted for standard plates… cambered I think they’re called? It weighs 10.2lbs and I picked it up at Walmart for something like $20-$30[/quote]

Look at his arms. Of course he was kidding.

2 - 3 times a month.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
2 - 3 times a month.[/quote]

I think you’re missing the point of the thread.

Yesterday, using a straight barbell, I curled 105x8+4 rest pause + 3RP…although there was a fair bit of cheating on the last RP set. Since I’m working out at home now for the time being with only a barbell and bench I’m doing lots of BB curls at the end of workouts, so I’m hoping to get a lot stronger in it.

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
225 1RM

oh and I don’t have THE ez curl bar… I have a bar that is similar to it… but much longer and is fitted for standard plates… cambered I think they’re called? It weighs 10.2lbs and I picked it up at Walmart for something like $20-$30

Look at his arms. Of course he was kidding.
[/quote]

wow what a low blow. and 1RMs are about neurological efficency moreso than muscle fiber accumulation, ya dick.

ps. my arms are bigger than yours.

How about you guys stop worrying about other people’s curl poundages and goddamn 1RM curls (what the hell are those going to help anyone with?) and instead use the freed time to eat more and work your way up to the 80-100 lb DB’s for 6-8 reps on alternating DB curls and/or 165+ for 8 on bar curls (both with acceptable form, which has nothing to do with textbook form)…

The results may surprise you.

I tried the light blue ones, but I moved back down to the pink ones so I could do more reps and get better definition.

…or not.