How Much Do You Curl?

Never heard of anyone post their curl numbers although I heard curling used to be in some powerlifting comps so I’m kinda curious what others are doing. And no, this is not an ego thread, I’m pretty sure my curl is shit but without seeing what others are doing I have no idea.

I’m talking about a straight bar standing bicep curl or ez bar curl, not a cheat curl either or any other variation. Little to no body swinging.

I don’t really go for PR’s on this type of lift but earlier I did 100x4.

115 x 6 reps with the olympic bar. Decent form though.

112 (50 kilos) x 3 standing olympic bar curls is my p.b
(i bet my ex gf I could curl more than her bw three times).
Well it was fun when i won.

I haven’t curled in a while, Baghdad doesn’t have the ice for it…I was a hell of a skip when I did compete. Man could I deliver the rock. Lunges really helped.

225 1RM

[quote]aussie101 wrote:
Well it was fun when i won. [/quote]

I was at a party a few years back, and met some chick who had just recently shed a lot of weight and didn’t want to talk about anything else besides how good she looked. When she asked me to guess how much she weighed, I scooped her up, curled her a few times, and politely said “105 lbs”. Turns out she was 106 -lol.

S

LOL! Great story, Stu!

95x3. still have tiny biceps. i’d blame genetics but it won’t change anything. more curls are on the agenda.

Ive been at a 120 lb curl forever want to get to 140 soon though

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
95x3. still have tiny biceps. i’d blame genetics but it won’t change anything. more curls are on the agenda.[/quote]

if thats what you look like in your pic then id blame it on a lack of food moreso than genetics.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
95x3. still have tiny biceps. i’d blame genetics but it won’t change anything. more curls are on the agenda.

if thats what you look like in your pic then id blame it on a lack of food moreso than genetics.[/quote]

hah. fair enough. i do eat upwards of 3000 calories per day, 3500 on training days, but my weight still isn’t going up. I’m going to try and up the cal intake some more. Considering mixing a bag of chocolate chips with a jar of peanut butter and eating spoons of that throughout the day. that pic is 10lbs and several months old.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
225 1RM[/quote]

Nice! Good work, man:)

I use the EZ curl bar… and I can do 90 x 6. Generally not that cool… but eh… I only weigh 123. I’d love to get to my bodyweight soon.

I curled 165 twice (at a bodyweight of about 195lbs), but I misloaded the bar. I had the bar loaded with 10, 5, and 2 1/2 pould plates, thinking that it was 155.

I was wondering why was I having so much trouble curling it…

I can do 145 at a bw of 180, strict form, and i have a freind who does 150 at a bodyweight of… 150. its rediculous.

I now wonder what my max is.

135kg

with my dick.

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
135kg

with my dick.[/quote]

now that’s impressive

i mean not just the weight…but the fact that you can curl your dick.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
aussie101 wrote:
Well it was fun when i won.

I was at a party a few years back, and met some chick who had just recently shed a lot of weight and didn’t want to talk about anything else besides how good she looked. When she asked me to guess how much she weighed, I scooped her up, curled her a few times, and politely said “105 lbs”. Turns out she was 106 -lol.

S
[/quote]

haha. I have urges to curl girls sometimes too…

just curious, what is harder to curl with a straight olympic bar or an ez bar?

[quote]youngblood52 wrote:
just curious, what is harder to curl with a straight olympic bar or an ez bar?[/quote]

i find the olympic bar is harder on my wrists, ez bars are better.
plus, usually olympic bars are located in the squat rack (atleast where i train) so its a bad idea lol