How Much Do You Chin?

I don’t do chins because they fuck with my shoulders… but my record for pullups is 1 rep with 50 lbs.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I don’t do chins because they fuck with my shoulders… but my record for pullups is 1 rep with 50 lbs.[/quote]

I stick my chest out and keep my shoulders back. If I don’t do pull ups or shoulder presses right I can get a clicking/popping noise. Not sure that would help you though.

My body weight - but it’s a start!!!

BW(175) + 45lbs for 3 or 4 reps.

8 @ BW (230 lbs)

today i started 1 arm progressions.

i assist a little with my off arm - but i make sure i close grip the active arm and extremely wide grip the off arm so that it cant do too much.

doing 5 sets of 2 on each arm and im 200 pounds.

Bodyweight 205 can do five pull ups with a 45 plate and fourteen bodyweight pull ups.

D

BW = 227 and 70 pounds for 5 reps

4 x 230 (185bw +45 on belt)

BW + 80 lbs. for 2 clean reps was my best. Then I started getting really bad tendinitis in my forearms and twinges in the shoulder. It took a while to figure it out, but I found weighted pull-ups was the culprit. So unfortunately, I have had to cut them out.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
You guys are strong. I forgot to mention I only weigh 150.

I hate being an ectomorph.[/quote]

Better than being an endomorph.

I chin yesterday and strap a 45lb plate and got 6 reps weighing 190.

i can do 28 BW reps @ 185… when the number of reps you do determined your fitn3ess score, you tend to do a little more

105 x 9 reps last week weighing about 210 and in another session 125 x 5 reps after completing 5 sets of 3 with 125. Chinning/pullups are my strongest lift. I’m trying to get me bench to come close to that stength.

[quote]Seattle_Lifter wrote:
105 x 9 reps last week weighing about 210 and in another session 125 x 5 reps after completing 5 sets of 3 with 125. Chinning/pullups are my strongest lift. I’m trying to get me bench to come close to that stength.[/quote]

You got me beat, I’m going to have to step it up a notch.

I just purchased a nice station for the home gym for around $100 on sale, called the StrengthTrainer PowerTower, made by Keys. It’s a really sturdy rig, and I went out and looked at a slew of 'em for comparison. It’s a combo station with a captain’s chair, pull/chin bar, and a dip station. It even has some handles on the base for push-ups. I recommend it, as it’s built solid and rated heavy.

On topic; I weighed 175 after my last mini-cut and I incorporate both chins, pulls, and dips into my upper body workouts. Chins, by definition, are done with a pronated grip, and are so called for the fact that you are trying to clear the bar with your chin. Pulls, by definition, are done with a supinated grip and you should by touching the bar with the upper part of your CHEST at the top of the movement. Using an Ironman belt with 45 lbs. chained to it, I do 3 sets of 11/10/9 reps for pulls, and with 40 lbs., 10/9/8 reps for wide-grip chins. Angled chest-focused dips, I bust out 10/10/9 with 45 lbs.

With no weight attached I can do crazy numbers, but the fitness tests I periodically do for work don’t count anything above 30 reps.

I’m at 182 weight-wise currently and shooting for 195 and then a cut back down to 185 and that is my ultimate goal weight.

[quote]Roger Nelsen wrote:
My best right now is 122.5 lbs @ a bodyweight of 205. Funny thing is that I would struggle to hit 15 unweighted reps.[/quote]

I am like that. I can keep adding weight for a few reps, but my endurance is limited to like 14 reps with BW.

They say to have a proportionate upper body you should be able to chin the same weight that you bench. I bench 210 for reps of 8 but can only chin 185 pounds for a bout 12.

[quote]Seattle_Lifter wrote:
105 x 9 reps last week weighing about 210 and in another session 125 x 5 reps after completing 5 sets of 3 with 125. Chinning/pullups are my strongest lift. I’m trying to get me bench to come close to that strength.[/quote]

Nice lifts. Where do you work out in Seattle? I lift at University of Washington IMA, but its my last year as a student.

I can hit 12 chins @215. I kind of feel inspired to max out now, I haven’t done it in a while.