How Much Do You Chin?

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I just got an Xvest with a 84lb capacity, so that’s my goal. I got 38 easy, and stalled just shy of 42. When I get to 84 I’ll work on reps. Right now I can only do 8 bodyweight chins at 220lbs, so I’ve got a lot of work to do.[/quote]

you son of a bitch i want one of those but christ they are expensive

BW 170 +55 lbs for 3 reps

My typical routine looks like this:

6 @ bw
6 @ bw+35
6 @ bw+45
6 @ bw+70
6 @ bw+90
3-5 @ bw+105

My 2 rep max as of recently is with bw+135. I couldn’t do that a couple months ago, but then again, since then I’ve lost 18 lbs :slight_smile: I’m sitting at about 189 lbs now.

I’d love to get a one arm chin/pullup going on. I recently started one arm negatives… hard as hell!

Anybody doing one-arm chins?

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
I just got an Xvest with a 84lb capacity, so that’s my goal. I got 38 easy, and stalled just shy of 42. When I get to 84 I’ll work on reps. Right now I can only do 8 bodyweight chins at 220lbs, so I’ve got a lot of work to do.

you son of a bitch i want one of those but christ they are expensive[/quote]

When you start playing around with it and realize all the stuff you can do it is worth the 300 bucks. Keep an eye on EliteFTs, and snatch one up when they do one of their “Free shipping” offers.

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
I just got an Xvest with a 84lb capacity, so that’s my goal. I got 38 easy, and stalled just shy of 42. When I get to 84 I’ll work on reps. Right now I can only do 8 bodyweight chins at 220lbs, so I’ve got a lot of work to do.

you son of a bitch i want one of those but christ they are expensive[/quote]

Seconded.

As for chins, I can lift 45 lbs x 2 at a body weight of 200.

My best right now is 122.5 lbs @ a bodyweight of 205. Funny thing is that I would struggle to hit 15 unweighted reps.

You guys are strong. I forgot to mention I only weigh 150.

I hate being an ectomorph.

I would also love an X vest. Maybe I’ll buy one for x mas since I have to work over time this week.

Any certine place to buy from that will save me money?

You would probably get more posts if this thread was in the strength sports forum.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:

I hate being an ectomorph.[/quote]

Perhaps you should try eating some food…

[quote]mr popular wrote:
undeadlift wrote:

Perhaps you should try eating some food…[/quote]

ya, you don’t always have to be an ectomorph

[quote]supabeast wrote:
My back is weak, so I do sets of ten with assistance from the…machine. I could probably do sets of four or five with bodyweight at the beginning of my workout, but that would just screw up everything to follow.[/quote]

Doing chins as the main part of your upper body workout isn’t a bad variation. Don’t be afraid to try it sometime.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
mr popular wrote:
undeadlift wrote:

Perhaps you should try eating some food…

ya, you don’t always have to be an ectomorph[/quote]

I use to be an ectomorph. Like a lot of kids I watched Conan movies and vowed to one day not be an ectomorph.

You can do it too.

10 reps at 210 with a 45 plate 4 years ago and 20 reps at 240 6 weeks ago. Most I’ve done is 33reps at 180. I think thats all wide grip with my hands 3 feet apart. I’ve been doing pull ups longer than I’ve been lifting weights. My lats are a good size just need to cut some fat off my ass now:(

[quote]t-man200 wrote:
You would probably get more posts if this thread was in the strength sports forum. [/quote]

Yes you are probably right but I am a recreational bodybuilder and heavy chins are my favorite compound back exercise. I know I am not the only one.

It is just a fun thread for us hobby bodybuilders to post about a great lift.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
10 reps at 210 with a 45 plate 4 years ago and 20 reps at 240 6 weeks ago. Most I’ve done is 33reps at 180. I think thats all wide grip with my hands 3 feet apart. I’ve been doing pull ups longer than I’ve been lifting weights. My lats are a good size just need to cut some fat off my ass now:( [/quote]

Twenty reps at 240 is awesome.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
10 reps at 210 with a 45 plate 4 years ago and 20 reps at 240 6 weeks ago. Most I’ve done is 33reps at 180. I think thats all wide grip with my hands 3 feet apart. I’ve been doing pull ups longer than I’ve been lifting weights. My lats are a good size just need to cut some fat off my ass now:( [/quote]

shit hagar, your lifts always impree me. I’d be surprised if i could get 8 reps at 240lbs lol.

1 rep @ 70kg BW plus 22.5kg added for 92.5kg!

Thats sup. grip.

Only 17.5kg added for pronated grip.

Wish my bench (80kg) was nearer to my chin.

Thanks guys, I’ve just been at it for a while thats all.

170 + 85lb Dumbbell for 3 Reps. That was in October. I’m 175 now. My Bent Over Row and Pulldown Numbers have gone up since then by 30 or 40 pounds and I haven’t done any Pull-ups because it’s currently a pain in the ass and cheating on the Pulldown Machine and being a total douche IS a lot of fun and makes you feel like a man. I’m holding off until after Christmas when I get my Spud-Brand, Bright Yellow, EliteFTS purchased Dip Belt to find my new Pull-up and Dip Numbers.