How much do you bench?

I’m recovering from losing half my blood volume just over 3 weeks ago. Right before that I did 245 for 4 reps, my close grip was 220 for 5. I don’t do 1 RM for a couple of reasons, I lift without a net (no spotter), I really don’t want to tear anything up. When I recover fully I’ll be back at it. I’m back up to 235 for 4 now, another week or two and things will be rocking again. I’m 6’ 1.5" and about 200 lb. for now, I do need to improve my lean mass to fat ratio some more too.

5’9" 190 bench 325

310 at 5’9" 190. Wojo, you must be one strong sum’bitch!

How did u guys get up so high? i have a hard time increasing my bench strength, maybe because i have long arms. my other lifts are respectable but bench is horrible, and thats how people here usually rate strength, not deadlift or squat where i am stronger. are there any articles in past issues which helped u increase a lot? please help me out thanks.

I don’t know if wojo was being sarcastic or not…gotta assume he was. 175lbs and benching 400 10X?? That would put 1RM at around 500lbs…give or take. That would mean wojo is a world class powerlifter. Not state level class, not nationwide class…World Record class.

I’m 5’7" weigh 150, and in November I maxed at 250.

I was at the beach all day and decided to try something new. I took three girls, piled then up on top of each other and benched them for reps. It was awesome!

I am 5’ 8" 210lbs and I am currently at only 300lbs on the bench. I know it isn’t much.

Well, I don’t bench with bars too much anymore. Nor do I really work with 1 rm. Last week I got a 96 VW Jetta up for 4 reps. Tomorrow I’m going to try to get a 2000 Linicoln SLS for 2. My goal is to bench a school bus by September. =)

I’m 5’11", 210 and don’t know my 1RM, but on a good day I can get 8 reps with 325 unassisted. (Tempo is probably 2-1-1). Unfortunately, however, my strength levels have been pretty plateaued for the last couple years (I’m 26).

benching a lot is nice but doesn t help much if you look like a frog.

aron, it doesn’t matter if you’re a dogg too!

i bench 220, im 16, “5 9” 150 lbs.
my bench is used to be my worst lift, but i read dave tate’s article on benching and now its gone up

This past Saturday I benched 5x5 @ 197.5 lbs. with a 3-1-3-1 tempo. I have no idea what my 1RM is, nor do I ever intend to know.

6’ 245 485lbs 4 to 5 times

leo g. assuming that was a real question, I refuse to answer, the simple fact is I am one of those people who constantly rips on newbies (sorry chris), but the simple fact is I spent 6 months reading back issues of this magazine before I even got on the forum, and spent another month just reading posts before I even first posted. I found Dave Tate’s home website on my own along with an accompaning web site that helps explain West side style lifting and decided it was for me. Now what really pisses me off is that the article on t-mag are less than a year old and no one takes the time to read any articles. Thank god for all the guys from t-mag who get the website who offer advice but to all those people who just ask stupid question, you not gonna get a great answer from any of us regular posters because you only getting second hand insight. This is the final plea to please read the back issues I will make before going ape shit on the next newbie i read.

Who thinks wojo could bench press Nate Dogg while he did reps with those three girls?

IM 17, I DONT KNOW WHAT MY MAX IS NOW BUT 8 WEEKS AGO I MAXT AT 305 @155LBS BUT I HAVENT MAXT SCENCE I TORE MY PEC TRYING TO DO 335 4 WEEKS AGO.

[Note from moderator: Please do not type is all caps. No need to yell.]

20yo 6’0 170lbs, just pressed 217.5x1 and I thought it was pretty good til’ I read what some of you bastards throw up. Perhaps it’s time to bring in Dave Tate. (And Fox, I’ve already read 'em.)

bjaffe, that is quite a test of strength and balance. Do you think anyone could bench press me while I bench press the three girls? I mean, the “oldtimers” could have done something like this back in the day. But no one trains for functional strength and flexibility these days. C’mon, how many people are actually big, strong, flexible and well-conditioned these days? At least enough to pull stunts like this and other hand balancing feats. LMAO! Hey, maybe this week, I’ll try to bench press my car, with people inside! LOL!