How Much Creatine Do You Use?

Hi,
I recently read an article by David Barr stating the average weight lifter only needs to consume 1-2g creatine a day. Using his formula, at 185lbs. I should be ingesting about 1.5g a day.

Has anyone experienced a serious boost or loss in performance using high or low amounts of creatine? What are peoples opinion on this lower dosage?

The stuff is 13 dollars for over 3 months worth at 5 grams, comes with a scoop that measures 5 grams.

Why use less?

[quote]KO421 wrote:
The stuff is 13 dollars for over 3 months worth at 5 grams, comes with a scoop that measures 5 grams.

Why use less? [/quote]

I throw in a scoop a day. I don’t see the need to analyze it beyond that point.

[quote]KO421 wrote:

Why use less? [/quote]

exactly

Phill

When I’m on it (I’m off right now), I take 5g before, 5g after and thats it. Nothing on days off, just that. Its seriously cheap as hell, I paid 18 dollars a year ago, and I still have the same supply left with 2-3 months left of it.

Here’s the link the the article I was refering to:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

Barr suggests that down-regulation of creatine transports can occur and when most people supplement with 5g/day alot gets pissed away (down-regulation being the issue I’m primarily worried about).

Thoughts about the reasoning in the article?

5-10g a day.

It’s fairly cheap, I’m not terribly concerned about pissing any away.

2.5g 2x p/day

[quote]P1 wrote:
Here’s the link the the article I was refering to:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

Barr suggests that down-regulation of creatine transports can occur and when most people supplement with 5g/day alot gets pissed away (down-regulation being the issue I’m primarily worried about).

Thoughts about the reasoning in the article?[/quote]

No one is doubting the article, it’s just not really worth analyzing because it’s so cheap. It seems more a waste of time to try and get the perfect amount of creatine so 100% is absorbed and I never piss a way a single gram…better things to do with my time like actually lift weights instead of analyze my creatine intake.

3 to 5grams on days I workout in my PWO drink.