How Much Coffee Do You Drink?

I’m addicted to the point that I think i need to cut back. HOw mcuh is too much in terms of increased cortisol levels and decrease in gains?

If you’re talking 6oz = 1tbsp of ground coffee, i average 6 - 8 cups daily. Keep in mind, i drink 12oz at a time…so usually i have 3-4 cups a day.

I drink a shit ton. Black as hell, too. Can’t function without it.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
I drink a shit ton. Black as hell, too. Can’t function without it. [/quote]

i would drink it black for diet reasons along with tryign to taste the full auroma of the coffee. It was bareable but wasnt great and I coudlnt understand why people loved it.

Then i grinded my own beans and now i couldnt have it any other way

[quote]GettingBigNow wrote:
I’m addicted to the point that I think i need to cut back. HOw mcuh is too much in terms of increased cortisol levels and decrease in gains?

If you’re talking 6oz = 1tbsp of ground coffee, i average 6 - 8 cups daily. Keep in mind, i drink 12oz at a time…so usually i have 3-4 cups a day.[/quote]

Haha whats funny is you aren’t even using enough coffee. try making it with 2 tbsp per 6 oz, thats the proper proportion. Coffee is a hell of a drug and im around it way too much(i work at starbucks).

I make 24 oz/day. Usually I drink it all.

I really like it in the morning, with splenda and cream.

People who drink black coffee hate themselves.

I don’t. I drink tea. Black, sometimes two teaspoons of sugar.

[quote]Otep wrote:

People who drink black coffee hate themselves.[/quote]

HA, when I first tried black coffee I thought it was nasty as hell, but for some reason it grew on me. Same with unsweet tea, and even beer.

I recently gave it up. I also used to pound expresso before my workouts. After a while it was tearing up my gut too much…and it was giving me the shits.

I just stick with tea now. It did take a while to get over not having coffee though.

I drink 3 cups of coffee and 6 cups of tea

[quote]confusedjake wrote:
GettingBigNow wrote:

If you’re talking 6oz = 1tbsp of ground coffee, i average 6 - 8 cups daily. Keep in mind, i drink 12oz at a time…so usually i have 3-4 cups a day.

Haha whats funny is you aren’t even using enough coffee. try making it with 2 tbsp per 6 oz, thats the proper proportion. Coffee is a hell of a drug and im around it way too much(i work at starbucks).[/quote]

o yea the “good stuff” is 2tbsp per 6oz but the mass commmerical foldgers recommend 1tbsp cuz i think their beans, although lower in quality, have more caffeine

[quote]Otep wrote:

Have you tried grinding your own beans? It is delicious when you drink it black versus adding cream that 1) reduces the insentiy of the buzz 2) makes you tired very fast IMO 3) depending on the cream, it can make you feel bloated

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I drink 3 cups of coffee and 6 cups of tea[/quote]

I’ve read of a lot of people drinking Green Tea on this forum, but nobody says why. Does it do something for you bodybuilding-wise, or do people just like the taste? I like iced tea, but I wouldn’t drink it without sugar, so I just drink water. Same thing with Coffee. Do people drink it to speed up the heart or something for fat loss?

[quote]Artem wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
I drink 3 cups of coffee and 6 cups of tea
I’ve read of a lot of people drinking Green Tea on this forum, but nobody says why. Does it do something for you bodybuilding-wise, or do people just like the taste? I like iced tea, but I wouldn’t drink it without sugar, so I just drink water. same thing with Coffee. Do people drink it to speed up the heart or something for fat loss?
[/quote]

the very first time i touched coffee was canned coffee from an asian market. Now this is much weaker than your fresh brewed coffee. Needless to say, I was very determined that I had what it took to be an engineer.

Thats how strong of a drug it is and thank god it is legal

Caffeine addiction is suppose to be alot worse than weed addiction hehe (almost nonexistent or so ive heard)

[quote]Petermus wrote:
caffeine addiction is suppose to be alot worse than weed addiction hehe (almost nonexistent or so ive heard)[/quote]

THC isn’t physiologically addictive. Some (weak minded) people can form a psychological addiction though.

[quote]Otep wrote:

People who drink black espresso hate themselves. I do it, and I like it, but I can feel my self-loathing with each bitter sip. Really, the palette almost convulses when it’s particularly strong.

I used to drink about two pots a day, now I’m down to one.

I never drink coffee. I can’t stand the stuff.

If you’re talking 6oz = 1tbsp of ground coffee, i average 6 - 8 cups daily. Keep in mind, i drink 12oz at a time…so usually i have 3-4 cups a day.[/quote]

that’s about my daily amounts as well. The general public wouldn’t be safe if I didn’t have my daily fix.

I happen to love booze, but if it came down to a choice of which the world would have; coffee or alcohol, there would never be another drunk, but we’d all be wired as hell.

confusedjake wrote:
GettingBigNow wrote:

Haha whats funny is you aren’t even using enough coffee. try making it with 2 tbsp per 6 oz, thats the proper proportion. Coffee is a hell of a drug and im around it way too much(i work at starbucks).

o yea the “good stuff” is 2tbsp per 6oz but the mass commmerical foldgers recommend 1tbsp cuz i think their beans, although lower in quality, have more caffeine[/quote]

Lol in my line of work thats sacreligious =P. Yeah as long as you enjoy the cheap stuff why bother paying $10 a lb for starbucks coffee? But if someone is interested in how to do it right, i’d be happy to talk about the best way to make it.