How Much Can You Power Clean?

165 @ 155! I’m not that hot on these things, but one day I’ll start working on it.

280lbs. clean weighing 237lbs. i love cleans, they are my favorite!

I have Power cleaned 225lbs @ 185 Bw, and squat cleaned 265 @ 185 Bw.

Needs some updating though…it has been 3-4 months.

Edit Power cleaned 235 yesterday, but it wasn’t a max.

320 at 175 bodyweight.

[quote]Larz wrote:
320 at 175 bodyweight.[/quote]

Woah! you should get a video of that! I would like to see it.

Hey, how many of you that power clean catch the weight “racked” on the front delts?

Or do you finish in a position similar to a reverse curl (with the upper arms vertical)?

i done 110kg the other day powerclean + press i weigh 82kg. i think there is more in the tank as well.

Best was 215@ ~175.

That was almost half a year ago, though. I haven’t maxed on a power clean in a while.

Kroll,

You always catch it on your delts. And your throat.

my best ever was 415 @ 290. Since then i’ve had knee surgery and I’m now done with football. I’m just now getting back into the OLs again. Right now I’m 315x5 @ 276. The most I ever clean and jerked was 385. Snatch 275, OH Squat 315. But like i said, I can’t touch those #s now. But i’m trying to get back up there.

243lbs at 217lbs or so

I can probbaly still do the same or more at 205-208lbs, but I haven’t done any olys in a long time.

The last time I did some powercleans for fun, a couple of months ago I seem to be even faster thanks to all the sprinting, jumping and BBall…

[quote]tveddy wrote:
my best ever was 415 @ 290.[/quote]

[whistles].

Jesus on a hill. 4 wheels clean and jerk? At any bodyweight, that’s huge. Were you an oly lifter? How much could you squat c+J and squat snatch with that kind of pulling power?

I was a college offensive lineman, and I had 2 other teammates that went over 405 on clean. I squatted 625, C+J 385, Snatch squat 315.

Currently I’m squatting 545 but i don’t do back squat very often because it hurts my knees, and the doc told me not too. So I do mostly OH squat, front squat, and deads.

[quote]Ross Hunt wrote:
Jesus on a hill. 4 wheels clean and jerk? At any bodyweight, that’s huge. Were you an oly lifter? How much could you squat c+J and squat snatch with that kind of pulling power?[/quote]

I havent maxed for a while but on my 6th set of doing step ups I was able to put up 245 just today actually. I weigh 161 right now and just do cleans and snatch when I want to add an extra workout in. I still need alot of work on my form. Right now I am doing the V-diet and had some energy for an extra workout. I went to high school with a kid who could clean well into the 300’s at around 170. He was our runningback and one powerful farm kid!!!
Dastang

I used the lifts mainly for footbal and throwing events. My best was a power clean of 325#, power snatched 205, clean & jerked 275 at 200.

[quote]Ross Hunt wrote:
Best was 215@ ~175.

That was almost half a year ago, though. I haven’t maxed on a power clean in a while.

Kroll,

You always catch it on your delts. And your throat.[/quote]

Yeah, I always do, just wanted to make sure that everyone was on the same page.

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
Ross Hunt wrote:
Best was 215@ ~175.

Kroll,

You always catch it on your delts. And your throat.

Yeah, I always do, just wanted to make sure that everyone was on the same page.[/quote]

Have you ever seen football players powerclean? That’s your answer :slight_smile:

I wish I knew…

My best clean and press is 165, but I think I could crank out 170 or 175. I’m about 200lbs, but have only been doing clean and presses for about 3 months.

[quote]Ross Hunt wrote:
Best was 215@ ~175.

Kroll,

You always catch it on your delts. And your throat.[/quote]

Agreed, whether or not your arms are vertical or horizontal depends on your flexibility.

330 @ about 200

[quote]Galvatron wrote:
Power Clean, 330x2
Clean&Jerk, 385
Power Snatch, 264
Snatch, 308[/quote]

Weighed between 215 and 220 at the time, since everyone else posts bodyweight.