T Nation

How Much Better Is Flameout?

hello,

I was wondering if Flameout is really that much better than regular fish oil?

Right now I take the CVS brand “Natural fish oil 1200 mg” which is a lot cheaper than Flameout, especially when they have their buy 1 get 1 free vitamin sales.

here is the cvs brand facts:
serving size 1 gel (i also show for 4 since that is Flameout recommended serving size)
cal 10
total fat 1g
fish oil: 1200 mg (4 would be 4800)
EPA: 216 mg (4 would be 864)
DHA: 144 mg (4 would be 576)
Other fatty acids: 36 mg (4 would be 144)
omega-3: 396 mg (4 would be 1584)

The supplement facts for Flameout are here

Thanks =)

I would say that Flameout is one of the highest quality highly concentrated fish oils on the market. But, if your store brand fish oil is molecularly (vacuum) distilled, then just do the math and compare price per gram of EPA and DHA for both. I strongly suspect that your store brand will be significantly cheaper, especially during the buy 1 get 1 free, but there are 2 things to consider:

1: Flameout offers a much higher ratio of DHA:EPA than most standard fish oils. The scientifically proven benefits of this is pretty murky, but it’s not something you’ll be able to find in many other products.

2: Because Flameout is so highly concentrated you’ll have to take a lot more capsules of your store brand to get the same amount of EPA and DHA.

You answered your own question.

Look at how much more concentrated Flameout is.

I think it’s worth it, but you can still toss back a handful of normal fish oils throughout the day. I do.

I drink 30 to 60 ml of liquid a day.

Chilled in the fridge, and downed with water. Better than capsules. Its more concentrated and cheaper.

You get used to after a few days as you hardly taste it go down if its chilled and mixed with something.

Flameout is great.

I use carlson’s norwegian most of the time (also very concentrated at 25 dollars a bottle from vitamin shoppe online).

I will use Flameout in the future, but right now i have two more bottles of the Carlsons left.