How Many Times Per Week Should I Train a Muscle Group?

Christ

1 Like

This guy is trolling. Why feed him?

3 Likes

I’m not trolling.

Counter point; just because you read studies doesn’t mean you DO know anything.

I would rather be operated on by an illiterate surgeon that has successfully performed the surgery 700 times than a surgeon that has read 700 studies but never actually performed.

10 Likes

Are you comparing training knowledge to surgeries?

What should i change then?

Yes, that was how the metaphor was constructed.

17 Likes

I’ve been training for over a decade, reading forums for that long, and actively posting for about 6 years.

How often do you think I’ve heard exactly what you’re saying here, and seen the opposite? You are the absolute embodiment of the guy who will never see results, and blame external factors for his failure. You’ll come back here and tell us how your ideas would have worked, but work got tough. Or you got depressed. Or you couldn’t eat enough. Or some combination of all of these.

I can’t fucking wait to hear back from you in a year.

5 Likes

I love you. With all my heart.

7 Likes

Do you want to see me fail brah? Sadly it won’t happen. I will post on here regularly.

Why not?

Either one done improperly can ruin an athletes career.

Would you want to be the guy that carelessly advised an athlete to do something that takes him or her out of the game for good?

3 Likes

Train like this.

Eat like this.

String together four uninterrupted weeks - without missing a training session and while eating at least three meals a day/seven days a week - before you consider changing anything.

2 Likes

That’s a valid point. I agree.

I like that program but i’m still convinced that training a body part 6-7 days per week is the way to go. This is why i’ve split the volume in half.
Also let me point out that the volume i do is slightly more than Chad Waterbury’s program.
Okay i will think about it.

yea brah. I do. just because you’re a dick.

2 Likes

It’s getting pretty gnar around here lately, brahs.

Why do you think that i’m a dick lmao? Did i offend someone? Did i ever curse on here? Nope.

recovery is overrated, you can totally build tons of muscle without giving your body the chance to repair itself. Might defy all the laws of physics but hey, worth a shot!

If you’re “convinced” it’s better, then stop mentally masturbating all week long and do it.

You win. I tapout. You design better training plans than the guy with the Masters in neurophysiology and decades of experience coaching athletes. Not sure why we didn’t recognize it sooner. I look forward to your “told 'ya so’s” in a few month’s time when you’re bigger and stronger than everyone here.

Your body doesn’t need that much time to repair itself. 24 hours of recovery is enough if you are doing low volume per session.