How Many Times Per Week Should I Train a Muscle Group?

Rest is important. I understand completely. I myself took 2 days off after ACL surgery

7 Likes

Are you Training Muscle Groups with this routine, or Training Lifts?

It seems like you are doing a bunch of Movements, as if you’re practicing moving your body around through space. Usually, when I think of training a muscle group, I think of structuring the workout to “target” a group of muscles.

I don’t think doing a bunch of movements is that bad an idea. In high school, we did “circuit training.” Coach laid out a bunch of stations, and you ran through them like pushups, jump rope, pull ups, mountain climbers, sit ups, side to side jumps… And we went around and around, maybe 30-45 second per station or something.

Rather than training a muscle group, it was more like General “work.”

Maybe your plan isn’t soooo crazy.

It’s alright, OP. I said I was planning to chew gum without any lifting to prove hypertrophy occurs in a systemic manner. You’ve inspired me to actually do it. Let’s get dem gainz, brah!

1. Back Squat (I do that exercise because i know that it works the quads, glutes and the core)
  2. Flat Bench Press (I do it because it works the upper and lower pectorals, anterior deltoids and triceps (doesn’t work the long head of the triceps much but that’s cool)
  3. Strict Overhead Press (I do some sort of vertical press because it works the anterior, medial delts, upper pecs, triceps, core (stabilizer), engages lower or middle traps i think.
  4. Deficit Deadlift (Cavles, Hams, Glutes, Core, Rhomboids, Lats, Teres Major, Traps, Forearms, Levator Scapulae and even works the biceps to some extent) (I do deficit deadlifts because the range of motion is longer)
  5. Reverse Row (Lats, Teres Major, Traps, Rhomboids, Biceps, Forearms, Core, Posterior Delts)
  6. Chin Up (Different function of the back muscles)

Did you miss what Blue collar just said?

If everyone else has had failed results on this program/method, what makes you believe you’ll achieve differently?

I think that having the balls to do the complete opposite of what people are usually doing to build muscle and strength is a great strategy.
Even if this fails (it won’t) i will feel good because i’ve tried something that i believed in so much.

Show me one person that has done this type of program.

So, your strategy is to do the opposite of what the biggest and strongest people do, just to prove your “balls”?

1 Like

I have no clue, but like others have said. It didnt produce results…

If you are in fact not a troll, which I’m 99% sure you are, why not just do Dan Johns Easy Strength ( The 40-Workout Strength Challenge) or Waterbury’s 30 day mass plan ( https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/30-day-mass-plan) from this site?

It’s similar to what you are describing (high frequency, low volume and load) except the exercises and loading protocols are actually intelligently laid out, and they have put people through the program before with results.

Yeah you just lost all credibility… yeah I would take advice from a guy whom has achieved nothing and has trained zero people.

NO ONE other than his uneducated You tube fan boys or casual lifters whom find his mediocre numbers as Impressive take him serious! Its not like top level DRUG FREE lifters are going to him for advice. His programming is shit and is nothing more than a 5x5 knockoff the same as Stronglifts which is another pile of shit program that has been given way too much credit by the casual lifting community.

I was under the impression you was going to stop debating and arguing with others ? Dont you get your getting into debate with guys whom have way more practical experience than yourself and probably have forgotten more than you have learned yet?

3 Likes

I’m not a troll lol.

They are saying that i’m the troll brah.

If you are not a troll, then you are an idiot for listening to a noob. Kind of a no-win situation here.

At First I felt bad about chewing your ass and ashamed for myself but the more I read on this thread and your general attitude…
Yeah because… your coming across like one. Get the fuck over it ! FYI adding a avatar pic showing abs doesn’t somehow raise your standing with advanced guys on how knowledgeable you think you are

If you think that is the case here is a pic of my own 18 year who knows jack and shit.

1 Like

He is getting great results wow do you want him to get slower results man? Yea get on a body part split and slow down your progress. This is why more and more lifters have to juice to get decent results.

Save it. I said he may not be a troll. I have no doubt that you are one.

Lmao.

And again from your years of experience?