Dead: 520

meet lifts:
squat 420
Bench 512 sp
Dead 520

[/quote]
Another 20 year old. Nice. When did you start? [/quote]

Just saw this, sorry!
I started powerlifting in november '09, so it’s been almost exactly 2 years.
[/quote]
Sweet shit man.

[quote]Singingbear78 wrote:

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

[quote]irishlifting wrote:

Just bought some property in Rhodestown. Been training at 290+ for the last month or so. Thats up from 229 at this same time last year. I am only competing raw and MULTI from now on and I don’t have any numbers at this weight because the only time I squat, bench, and deadlift is at meets. Shooting for an 1850+ raw total december 10th at USAPL MD States.[/quote]
Wow that’s quite a gain in weight sir. And a impressive raw total. How old were you when you started training?[/quote]

13 for football and lax. 22 for powerliftig. I’m 26 now.[/quote]

dude that’s some seriously impressive weight gain, I thought I did well jumping from 218 to 242. Would love to hover around 280 for a full meet cycle cos apparently those in know reckon a 242’r at 5’10 is too light. Your lifts must have went through the roof with the weight again alone![/quote]

I was 280 before I dropped to 229 (in 15 weeks). It took me a couple months to get the weight back on but then it came back with a vengence!!! Being skinny was awful.[/quote]
Haha spoken like a true big man. Speaking of big dudes. Nick weite was at the meet yesterday. Dudes a monster.[/quote]

Nick is a beast. He’s a friend of our gym. I’m lucky enough to train with his brother. Nick stops by when he’s back in Iowa.

I just dropped to 300 :frowning:

[quote]hawkcapt1912 wrote:

[quote]irishlifting wrote:

Just bought some property in Rhodestown. Been training at 290+ for the last month or so. Thats up from 229 at this same time last year. I am only competing raw and MULTI from now on and I don’t have any numbers at this weight because the only time I squat, bench, and deadlift is at meets. Shooting for an 1850+ raw total december 10th at USAPL MD States.[/quote]
Wow that’s quite a gain in weight sir. And a impressive raw total. How old were you when you started training?[/quote]

dude that’s some seriously impressive weight gain, I thought I did well jumping from 218 to 242. Would love to hover around 280 for a full meet cycle cos apparently those in know reckon a 242’r at 5’10 is too light. Your lifts must have went through the roof with the weight again alone![/quote]

I was 280 before I dropped to 229 (in 15 weeks). It took me a couple months to get the weight back on but then it came back with a vengence!!! Being skinny was awful.[/quote]
Haha spoken like a true big man. Speaking of big dudes. Nick weite was at the meet yesterday. Dudes a monster.[/quote]

Nick is a beast. He’s a friend of our gym. I’m lucky enough to train with his brother. Nick stops by when he’s back in Iowa.
[/quote]
Seems to be a pretty nice guy as well.

[quote]byukid wrote:
I just dropped to 300 :([/quote]
Im sorry man. If you need any motivation to put the weight back on. Just let me know! haha

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

End up playing lax anywhere?

I only played for 2 years in high school. Ended up playing football for a pretty good DIII school in college though.
[/quote]
[/quote]

What college did you go to? if you don’t mind saying. I’m a little bit older than you, but we would have been in school at the same time. I went to JMU, but lived with some football players from Bridgewater. My wife went to Slippery Rock.

[quote]byukid wrote:
Im sorry man. If you need any motivation to put the weight back on. Just let me know! haha [/quote]

Hahaha, will do. I am just dicking around with Leangains and it’s working pretty well to keep my strength up while cutting. If I wind up below 260, I’ll probably start eating like no tomorrrow again.

Excuse me guys, I’m getting a complex here, can somebody toss me some steak and potatoes ASAP please? Thanks!

I’m 6’5 280 in the morning after voiding myself. Weighed in at 284 for my meet a couple weeks ago. Looking to fill out the 308’s for my next one 6 or so months from now, or at least break the 300 barrier.

Best meet lifts:

551/375/562

[quote]byukid wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:
Im sorry man. If you need any motivation to put the weight back on. Just let me know! haha [/quote]

Hahaha, will do. I am just dicking around with Leangains and it’s working pretty well to keep my strength up while cutting. If I wind up below 260, I’ll probably start eating like no tomorrrow again.[/quote]
Maybe i shall try that. get to a lean 315!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Excuse me guys, I’m getting a complex here, can somebody toss me some steak and potatoes ASAP please? Thanks!

I’m 6’5 280 in the morning after voiding myself. Weighed in at 284 for my meet a couple weeks ago. Looking to fill out the 308’s for my next one 6 or so months from now, or at least break the 300 barrier.

Best meet lifts:

551/375/562
[/quote]
Haha, meal time! What fed do you compete in? I just had a meet on saturday. Next one is in march.

Last meet I did was 100% RAW fed. I really like them. Good atmosphere, good tight judging, and strong guys competing au natural.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Last meet I did was 100% RAW fed. I really like them. Good atmosphere, good tight judging, and strong guys competing au natural. [/quote]
Ive only done 2 meets. USPA and USAPL. I would love to try 100% RAW though. I really liked the USAPL meet. Good times.

Not sure if SHW, but ill toss my stats up.

Weight: 295
Height: 6’
Bench: 465
Squat: 500
Deadlift : 530

Best Meet lifts
Bench : 405
Squat : 460

[quote]gurbob wrote:

Best Meet lifts
Deadlift : 530[/quote]

Nice man. When did you start?

[quote]gurbob wrote:

Best Meet lifts
Deadlift : 530[/quote]

Holy crap @ your squat beating your bench only by 35 lbs.

I have been lurking here, but I don’t post much.

Height: ~6’6"
Weight: 355lbs
Training: Been seriously training for 9.5 months now, started 1RM’s were 225 bench, 205 squat (yeah, I know), 265 DL.

Current PR’s:
Bench: 375x1 raw, 455 with an old hand-me-down shirt I am using.
Squat: 452x1 raw + wraps
Deadlift: 550x1 raw

So yeah, the squat is still my worst lift. I just have to keep working at it.

I am doing the raw APF contest in Chicago on December 11th. I am competing in the AAPF for now. This will be my first meet, wish me luck!

[quote]callador wrote:
I have been lurking here, but I don’t post much.

Height: ~6’6"
Weight: 355lbs
Training: Been seriously training for 9.5 months now, started 1RM’s were 225 bench, 205 squat (yeah, I know), 265 DL.

Current PR’s:
Bench: 375x1 raw, 455 with an old hand-me-down shirt I am using.
Squat: 452x1 raw + wraps
Deadlift: 550x1 raw

So yeah, the squat is still my worst lift. I just have to keep working at it.

I am doing the raw APF contest in Chicago on December 11th. I am competing in the AAPF for now. This will be my first meet, wish me luck! [/quote]
Good luck bro! And yeah, I hear squat is a bitch for really tall guys.

OK I must be the shorty among all you giants

5’8, 320-330lbs
best gym lifts:
Squat 625 raw , no belt
DL 680
Bench ?? my least fav lift, aint got much use for flat bench

haven’t done a meet in few years tho. Set a record in my state which may still hold?

[quote]sumabeast wrote:
OK I must be the shorty among all you giants

5’8, 320-330lbs
best gym lifts:
Squat 625 raw , no belt
DL 680
Bench ?? my least fav lift, aint got much use for flat bench

haven’t done a meet in few years tho. Set a record in my state which may still hold?[/quote]

Nice lifts man. I bet at you’re height and weight your thick as fuck haha.

i started lifting seriously about 2 years ago.

but i have been playing around for about 8 years.

my squat is god aweful, i know…i despise squat.