How Many Sets?

By the time i get to my second set my muscled feel tight i feel buff, should i go on to the 3rd set, because when i get to the 3rd set i feel it going away or that feeling of being ripped seems to fade…should i stick to 2 sets? i do like 6-8 different exercises and lifts.

Hard to tell, what are you doing. Dont work for the PUMP work for progress and performance. Hell I can get a pump with some 5lb dbs if I try but that doesnt mean it was a good w/o.

you know, one of larry scotts suggestion i read once, was to get a tape measure for measuring your body measurements. For each body part you train, after each set, measure the bodypart, do as many sets as it takes to get a decrease in the measure ment. the amount of sets will be one less than the set u get a decrease in measurement.

With this youll know the optimal amount of sets for each bodypart. use one exercise to determine this

Sounds like you already know the answer to your ?.
Why do you need our confirmation?

[quote]MNguns wrote:
Sounds like you already know the answer to your ?.
Why do you need our confirmation?[/quote]

He sounds like a troll.

haha…Just making sure i’m making progress, so the more sore you feel in your muscles, that means its telling you that you are doing something right, true?

[quote]TiGeRTusCaNi wrote:
haha…Just making sure i’m making progress, so the more sore you feel in your muscles, that means its telling you that you are doing something right, true?[/quote]

If you’re getting bigger and stronger week by week and month by month then you’re doing something right.

Tiger, PLEASE just do a search for questions like these. I don’t want to be mean and I try to encourage newbs…but don’t just get a thought in your head and post at will…Look and search for your answer first.