How Many Reps Do You Perform?

I never ever count my reps. I just load up the appropriate weight and go balls to the walls with whatever rep scheme I have set up for that set.

I’m on a ‘Dinosaur’ style kick, so right now I am training heavy weights, low reps. A usual workout is a Squat/Deadlift/Power Clean 8 sets of 1-3 reps, an upper body push and an upper body pull, 5 sets of 3-5 reps. If I do pullups or dips, I stick with body weight, doing five sets of 10 reps. I might add another one or two excercises as finishers, 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps.

Between 75 and 130 reps, depending on the day. On the 130 rep day they aren’t all working sets though, if I just counting working sets it’s about 100 reps.

Usually takes me about an hour.

300-400 reps depending on day
@1 1/2 hours
4 days a week

(+120 crunch/hypers/leg raises/etc each session)

I am trying a split hi-rep workout for March/April.

On main exercises, I do about 3-6 reps for about 15-20 worksets, 3x a week. I usually perform 3-4 warmup sets, but also not going over 6 reps. I often use less weight then PR level, but still stick to low reps with max acceleration (ie. 4x6 @65-70%).

Sometimes I’ll go for a few doubles or singles. Sometime it’s PR attempt, sometimes it’s heavy but not PR.

On assistance, I do as much 15 reps, but it’s not that ofter. 3x8-10 works nice for me there.

[quote]Bram Wiley wrote:
I go as low as 1
Workouts take 45-60 minutes, a little longer if the gym is crowded.
[/quote]

That is a long ass rep…

Talk about TUT

I do total body training using 4 exercises in a 5x5 routine and some supporting exercises.

I am usually in/out of the gym in about 45 min.

Looks like around 180 or so give or take.

Four days on, one day off.

about an hour.

monday (5x3) : 45 total reps - takes about 45 min
wednesday (2x10) : 30 total reps - really fast workout approx. 20 to 30 min
friday (3x6) : 54 total reps - about 35-45 min

This is how fullbody workouts work for me, very low volume and short workouts. I do 3 compound movements (one general LB, one UB push and one UB pull). I do a little isolation work after the main lifts to adress weaknesses.

It works out to about 10 reps per minute for about 15-20 minutes, once or twice a day.

My Excel worksheet says 1725 reps in 173 minutes for the past 2 weeks.

For me 10 is considered high 8 is mid and 5 generaly is the norm.

a warm up would probably on average be 10-12, 8, 6, 5 then the work sets.

abs no more than 3 sets 15 reps is good for me.

Calves 1st warm up is 20 then 8-10 then the work sets.

[quote]Bodyguard wrote:
For me 10 is considered high 8 is mid and 5 generaly is the norm.

a warm up would probably on average be 10-12, 8, 6, 5 then the work sets.

abs no more than 3 sets 15 reps is good for me.

Calves 1st warm up is 20 then 8-10 then the work sets.

[/quote]

So…how many total reps in one workout session do you perform?

Around 140 reps and it takes me about 50 minutes.

I’m doing Thibadeau’s Easy-Hard gainer workout. This comes out to:

Sat: 80 reps
Sun: 70-90 reps
Tue: 63-81 reps
Thu: 80 reps

So I guess you could say an average of 80.

Sometimes I throw in some more reps at the end of the workout if I feel like I haven’t worked hard enough, and have enough time left over. I’ve rarely done less.

Oh, and each of the workouts takes from 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how energetic I am at the time.

140-160 reps total

usually takes 40-45 minutes

[quote]zonforce wrote:
6-15 reps. I'm doing the Superhero program. It kicks ass.

I do about 6 reps to 50 reps for calves though.

I can do 20 pull ups. Shooting for 3 to 5 one arm pull ups by the end of this year. I can't even do one right now.[/quote]

When you say pull-ups do you mean with an underhand-grip or overhand-grip?
I think at T-Nation when you say “chin-up” your referring to a pull-up with an underhand-grip. Anyways…

I can do 10 chin-ups and 3 one-arm chin-ups. I don’t understand why you can’t do even 1? I never tried a one-arm pull-up (overhand-grip) though.

When your doing your one-arm chin-up/pull-up let’s say your left arm is on the bar. Place your right hand (non-working hand) around the wrist of your left hand. That’s level one. When you get stronger lower the right hand to your biceps. Continue to lower until your strength progresses enough for you to do it with your non-working hand free.

P.S. I’m on the Superhero Program too. This program is bad ass. By summer i’ll have nicely developed shoulders I can show-off. LOL

[quote]Stuey wrote:
Bram Wiley wrote:
I go as low as 1
Workouts take 45-60 minutes, a little longer if the gym is crowded.

That is a long ass rep…

Talk about TUT

[/quote]

I thought he meant rep-range :slight_smile:

This week the low reps in a day was 123, the high was 285. Average was 180 over 4 workouts.

As low as 5, as many as 15. I’ll go up to 20reps on legs.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
As low as 5, as many as 15. I’ll go up to 20reps on legs.
[/quote]

No, no how many TOTAL REPS do you perform in one workout?