How Many Pull-Ups Can You Do?

I can crank out 15 but the last 3-4 reps are ugly.

How many can you do?

I can do 24, wide grip, overhand. I train both with extra weight and bw alone, and my # in a row have skyrocketed. I can do 50lbs extra for 3 reps, wich means total weight there is 240.

I can do 24.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/how_many_pullups_can_you_do?id=4866250&pageNo=0

[quote]trevor16 wrote:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/how_many_pullups_can_you_do?id=4866250&pageNo=0

[/quote]

x2

Did 15 straight the other day. Last one was a grind. BW ~165#

Probably 14.

tweet

Ok but serious question - if you were telling a physical game show casting staff how many you can do, would you give them dead hang max reps or the max number of times you can get your chin over the bar with kips/half reps/etc? I am having moral issues… Also I only train dead hang so I dont know how many I could get without full extension and would have to guess or test.

23 dead hang this morning. BW = 205.

[quote]milktruck wrote:
Ok but serious question - if you were telling a physical game show casting staff how many you can do, would you give them dead hang max reps or the max number of times you can get your chin over the bar with kips/half reps/etc? I am having moral issues… Also I only train dead hang so I dont know how many I could get without full extension and would have to guess or test.[/quote]

I’d give them my absolute max including the kipping reps

Dead hang max = ?

Dirty, desperate reps (anything goes as long as from the full hang) = ?

pgtips: overhand grip, shoulder width, dead hang. No kipping, and no jerking, with chin over bar and back down to full extension. Yes, the last two to three were strained but steady. I rested on the bottom (feet hanging free) for a few seconds on those reps.

I train with a weight vest or body armor mostly, or sometimes with a dip belt and up to 24kilos on the chain; nothing fancy just 10 to 1 reps, or 5x5 depending on how much weight.

[quote]DirtyM wrote:
pgtips: overhand grip, shoulder width, dead hang. No kipping, and no jerking, with chin over bar and back down to full extension. Yes, the last two to three were strained but steady. I rested on the bottom (feet hanging free) for a few seconds on those reps.

I train with a weight vest or body armor mostly, or sometimes with a dip belt and up to 24kilos on the chain; nothing fancy just 10 to 1 reps, or 5x5 depending on how much weight. [/quote]

Nice, my target is 20 reps

lots of people cranking out loads of pull ups here.

Bunch of Chimpanzees

I can do 7 dead hang, and I weigh 230lbs. I’ve tried to learn the whole kipping thing, but I could never get it down.

From dead hang, I can do 18 pull ups with chest touching bar.

From dead hang, I can do 27 pull ups with chin over bar.

Wide grip over hand, i can do 1.
BW. 303

you may now laugh.

From a stable wall mounted bar, around 35. I have noticed as my deadlift increases, my pullup numbers do as well.

Damn that’s alot. Awesome. Can u do a OAC.

10 decent reps of chinups,pullups about 8 reps.

27 from hang, shoulder width, chin over the bar

Did 54 in 2 mins at this crossfit contest thing I did a month ago (and no I don’t train crossfit, just wanted to prove that powerlifters could beat them lol)

i can do 17 at 220 lbs i’m 63 yrs old,… by the way what happened to the TRT forum that was listed here in the forum section?