How Many Pull-ups Can You Do?

I guess I’ve always only counted a rep if it’s from dead hang until my chest hits the bar. Merely getting my chin over the bar, I don’t even feel my lats start to contract. On a good day I’m typically between 8-12 at bodyweight 210. I would love to see vids on all the guys claiming 20+ lol.

my fat ass can get 8 or 9 on a good day, BW at 245 currently…chins are a different story obviously. Its been a goal to get 15 at BW…but havent really tested my maxes for this in a while as I am usually doing pullups or chins between any pressing movement…maybe its time to test it out again.

A year ago I got 22. Then I decided not to go for Marine Corps OCS for a variety of reasons and focused on bulking and powerlifting. I can still get 16+. I’m sure if I trained them for even a month I could do over 20 again in no time, like someone else said with Pullups if you do them they go up slow but if you stop they drop very fast. It doesn’t help the gym I now go to doesn’t have a good bar thickness for doing pull-ups on. I use to do them on a tree outside my house any time I came in or out.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I would love to see vids on all the guys claiming 20+ lol.
[/quote]

Yeah i’d like to see vids of guys claiming 20+ pull ups but that doesnt ever happen… 20 isnt too outrageous but guys claiming damn near 30? come on son.

I can do 495. 6 to 15 times.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah i’d like to see vids of guys claiming 20+ pull ups but that doesnt ever happen… 20 isnt too outrageous but guys claiming damn near 30? come on son.[/quote]

NO I will not get a video of my 495 pullup set. It was a long time ago. Cameras didnt even exist back then

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah i’d like to see vids of guys claiming 20+ pull ups but that doesnt ever happen… 20 isnt too outrageous but guys claiming damn near 30? come on son.[/quote]

NO I will not get a video of my 495 pullup set. It was a long time ago. Cameras didnt even exist back then [/quote]

Weren’t they clap pullups?

Anyone else here prefer going thumbless?

[quote]nyh wrote:
Anyone else here prefer going thumbless?[/quote]

only when my grip is gone and I put on the hooks

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
[/quote]

NO I will not get a video of my 495 pullup set. It was a long time ago. Cameras didnt even exist back then [/quote]

pschhhhhhhh! Thats my warm up. Then I switch it up to incline… but seeing your numbers make me feel like a beast.

[quote]nyh wrote:

I actually prefer going thumbless. When I have to grip the bar (skinnier bars) I feel like my forearms/grip gives out before my lats do.

[quote]nyh wrote:

I did when my elbows were giving me hell, do feel the lats a little better

[quote]nyh wrote:

Always. I find I can usually get an extra 2-3 reps this way…

I have done 15 to the back of my head.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
The Divorce Diet? Hmm, maybe I should try that one.[/quote]

If you combine that with the ‘Job Lay-Off’ diet you’ll get shredded bro!

I’ve been starting off my pullup routine with clappers. I can only do about 5. Three sets of those and then dead hang to shoulders with gymnastic rings.
On a fixed bar I can usually get 20-22 before I have to start kipping. With the rings I’m limited to sets of 8-10 or below.
I’m 212 lbs.

[quote]nyh wrote:

When I’ve got access to a proper pull-up bar which is fairly skinny I grip it regular but at my current gym I’m just doing pull-ups on the top of the monolift which is pretty thick so I usually end up doing thumbless.

I also like throwing the neutral grip handles from the cable machine over the top and doing them with that.

[quote]EndersDrift2 wrote:

[quote]nyh wrote:

When I’ve got access to a proper pull-up bar which is fairly skinny I grip it regular but at my current gym I’m just doing pull-ups on the top of the monolift which is pretty thick so I usually end up doing thumbless.

I also like throwing the neutral grip handles from the cable machine over the top and doing them with that.[/quote]

I like towel pullups.

Police and Fire Games “Toughest Competitor Alive” competition 2011.

24 Pullups done on a 3-second tone at 210 lbs.

After doing a 5km cross country run, shot-put, 100m sprint, 100m swim, 20 foot (arms-only) rope climb, max-bench and followed by an obstacle course (Over one day).

Sorry for the video being sideways…and the pale skin.

10 12 on a good day. full dead hangs. if i keep a bit of flex in my arms about 15