How Many Pounds Per Year?

I’ve been working seriously and consistenly for about a year, and I’ve gained about 15-16 lbs. I weighed about 144 when I started and now I;m up to 160. It’s mostly muscle I think, not quite sure because I have not done any body fat percentage tests or anything, but I think I can tell just based on the fact that my stomach has stayed flat, and my muscles are relatively defined. Basically I’m just wondering if that is a normal amount of weight gain in a year for a beginner.

[quote]dgoott wrote:
I’ve been working seriously and consistenly for about a year, and I’ve gained about 15-16 lbs. I weighed about 144 when I started and now I;m up to 160. It’s mostly muscle I think, not quite sure because I have not done any body fat percentage tests or anything, but I think I can tell just based on the fact that my stomach has stayed flat, and my muscles are relatively defined. Basically I’m just wondering if that is a normal amount of weight gain in a year for a beginner. [/quote]

For a beginner I wouldn’t think so. But you can’t make generaliztions like that because everyone is different. Alot of it depends on your overall caloric intake.

Eat more.

to keep the same bodyfat i think its decent and i dont care what others say

Your weight is pretty meaningless without your height and age.

I’m about 5 11 and 19 years old. Thanks for the replies.

[quote]facko wrote:
to keep the same bodyfat i think its decent and i dont care what others say[/quote]

I dunno. I think that in your first year of lifting especially if you have a resource like T-Nation you should be able to put on a little more. Then again like I said it all depends on the person.

Oddly enough, that’s almost exactly the weight jump I made in a year of training
. . . but I’m a 43 year old woman.

Yeah, actually.

[quote]K-Narf wrote:
facko wrote:
to keep the same bodyfat i think its decent and i dont care what others say

I dunno. I think that in your first year of lifting especially if you have a resource like T-Nation you should be able to put on a little more. Then again like I said it all depends on the person.[/quote]

It does depend on the individual which makes questions like this impossible to answer, especially without knowing what the person looks like and the changes they have made.