T Nation

How Many People are you Ignoring?

Just noticed the ignore function is MUCH better than it used to be, as it also ignores people’s posts.
I know, it probably happened a long time ago, but I just noticed.

I had 4 people on ignore, but I don’t think they post anymore so I took them off. Only got one person on ignore now, and he just opened an account today.

How many people here use the ignore function?

Don’t reply if you have me on ignore. :slight_smile:

Not me.

I’m not a fan of censorship.

None, but I suspect I have been ignored by a few.

Not one.

Those that annoy me the most just might be the ones I could learn the most from.

Unlikely, but you have to kiss many frogs in order to find a prince.

That sounded kind of ghey, didn’t it?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Not me.

I’m not a fan of censorship.[/quote]

Censorship?

So I suppose when you go to the magazine rack, you feel obliged to buy and read every magazine and newspaper, else you’d be guilty of “censorship.”

No.

Censorship is preventing OTHERS from reading what people write, rather than choosing not to read it myself.

Myself, I’ve found that some people had a proven track record of getting into inane back-and-forths with me which were purely a waste of my time, and had no other posts that I’d ever seen that weren’t a waste of time to read.

I haven’t counted: there are probably about 8 people on my Ignore list. Not more than 10.

Every now and then, in seeing attributions of their posts, I’ll say to myself, “Hey, that was a perfectly decent post, a worthwhile contribution” and will un-Ignore that person. So it’s not necessarily a permanent thing.

And it most certainly is not “censorship.”

No one on here annoys me enough to ignore.

Although there are a few obnoxious members i’d love to erase from my memory. I think the ignore function is immature and is used by those who don’t have any wits to reply to a controversial post. I don’t use it.

Several, but it doesn’t stop their topics from popping up, which is kind of annoying.

ignore is for sensitive people

[quote]SWR wrote:
Only got one person on ignore now, and he just opened an account today.
[/quote]

Same here, I think it may be the same person, haha.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

There’s nobody here that bothers me THAT much to ignore.

Except for possibly Bill Roberts. Obviously, he hates RSGZ. And, I like RSGZ.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
There’s nobody here that bothers me THAT much to ignore.

Except for possibly Bill Roberts. Obviously, he hates RSGZ. And, I like RSGZ.[/quote]

I like you too.

To be honest, my comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, though sometimes I don’t put all my thoughts into words.

No-one. I think everyone contributes something to our faculty of knowledge. Even HH.

I have 8 or 10 on ignore and add occasionally. Not so much annoying as a waste of my reading time.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
To be honest, my comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, though sometimes I don’t put all my thoughts into words.[/quote]

Oh. Well if you meant, as is probably the case, that you don’t believe in blocking out views different than your own, I agree. I’ve never put anyone on Ignore for having a differing view.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Oh. Well if you meant, as is probably the case, that you don’t believe in blocking out views different than your own, I agree. I’ve never put anyone on Ignore for having a differing view.[/quote]

For me, it’s not so much as them having a different view, as it is them only posting to make fun of others or looking for attention in a bad way.

Some are entertaining enough for me not to ignore though because I want to see what they’re going to say next. Others are just horrible at it.

Yeah, for example (no need for names) there’s a kid who posts inane powerlifting theories that is of zero worthwhile content and is just some desperate and unending reaching for attention. After a while, I just didn’t want to keep reading that.

those really annoying posters everyone talks about is mostly why im here, its quality entertainment. and if they really bothers me, i skip their post. of course, nobody responds to my posts, so i figure i must be on everyones ignore list

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.