T Nation

How Many lLbs Did You Gain Last Year?

I’m curious how many lbs of muscle everyone else gained in the last 12 months? Assuming you’re around the same bodyfat, and no steroids or HGH.

Looking at my logs, it looks like I gained around 10lbs. Same BF.

25 :smiley:

This depends on your training age. 10lbs would be decent for a person who has been training for a decade, but subpar for someone starting out. I gained 40 lbs within the last year, as I was just starting out as a scrawny bastard.

I defy any human being to put on muscle and not put on some bodyfat !

Unless your the add 2lbs cut for 10 kinda guy :slight_smile:

I put on 19lbs in the last year, im closing in on my 300 total figure another 2-3 years (on 7 now)

I’ve gained about 60 pounds in the last 2.5/3 years. I lifted before that, but nothing serious and productive. Since football started, I’ve lost 16 pounds from injury and sickness. :[

15ish lbs maybe? not as lean either, but definitly stronger and less injured w/ better posture and mobility, definite progress in my books

I gained over 50 pounds last year, BF has increased noticeably but I was relatively lean to begin with so I’m looking much bigger.

I don’t know about muscle, but i’ve gained 60something pounds…whatever 28kg is. I started at 16%bf…now I’m maybe around 18%, I’m not that sure but I can still still my abs.

I started way underweight and ate like a horse.
Unfortunately I got some stretch marks on my legs but part of the deal I guess.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
I don’t know about muscle, but i’ve gained 60something pounds…whatever 28kg is. I started at 16%bf…now I’m maybe around 18%, I’m not that sure but I can still still my abs.

I started way underweight and ate like a horse.
Unfortunately I got some stretch marks on my legs but part of the deal I guess.[/quote]

60 lbs! Damn. I assume ‘hardgnr’ is meant to be a joke. I don’t think I could eat fast enough to gain that kind of weight. I’m always thinking about my next meal which can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

24 in last 8 months. but i was very skinny before.

[quote]giterdone wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
I don’t know about muscle, but i’ve gained 60something pounds…whatever 28kg is. I started at 16%bf…now I’m maybe around 18%, I’m not that sure but I can still still my abs.

I started way underweight and ate like a horse.
Unfortunately I got some stretch marks on my legs but part of the deal I guess.

60 lbs! Damn. I assume ‘hardgnr’ is meant to be a joke. I don’t think I could eat fast enough to gain that kind of weight. I’m always thinking about my next meal which can be a pain in the ass sometimes.[/quote]

From what I understand, it can only be done if you start out underweight with a shit diet, and then combine good food + heaps of food + weights. Before I started, I had been working as a manager of Dominos Pizza and all I ate was pizza and drank coke basically everyday for about 3 years and this made me underweight. Because of this I thought I was a hardgainer…obviously not and now I can’t change me name lol :confused:

I went from 157 lbs. at 5’9" last year to 183 lbs. late July this year. I thought there was a bit too much fat on me at that point and dropped about 12 lbs. in the month of August, so now I’m down to a bit leaner 173 lbs. (Gained a couple of lbs. since going back to bulking)

I gained 37 lbs but 17 are fat. Wish i didn’t make the mistake of thinking you can get away with eating anything and everything while bulking!

[quote]trif_m wrote:
I gained 37 lbs but 17 are fat. Wish i didn’t make the mistake of thinking you can get away with eating anything and everything while bulking![/quote]

You can, you just need to add something to expend extra energy.

I’ve gained about 15lbs this year. (Second year weight training) My diet is very crappy, and I’m planning to tweak it a little bit with the usage of some supplements. (adding in protein, fish oil and creatine)

Best gains I’ve ever made was last week. I was in hospital for a little over a week and gained 3lbs with proper nutrition and some bw exercises. I’m astonished, what a different eating and sleeping all day long can make.^^

I’ve been averaging about 15lbs a year, maybe lose the bottom two abs here and there, but have managed to always keep my bodyfat % down even when bulking. I say that because I attribute most of my weight gain to lbm. A fast metabolism and passion for intesntity in the gym helps too…

DG

I have gained 35 lbs since September last year. Bodyfat has gone from ~5% to ~10%. So I estimate around 25 lean pounds.

At the end of last summer I was down to a pitiful 140 pounds due to heavy labor and not eating enough. Since then I have made my way back up to 165 with a similar if not better body comp and I’m still gaining good weight.

i just gained 10lbs today

Since beginning my AD bulk on June I’ve added about 18 lbs or muscle…somehow and bout 13lbs of fat, this means I’ve gone from 180 at 16% to 211 at 20%. My weight stalled about 2 weeks back so I decided to switch over to the massive eating diet to reach 240 lbs in total by December hopefully…keep at it guys.