How Many Grapplers Do We Have?

Anyone train at combat submission wrestling in fullerton?

I grapple. Pankration. Competed once when I was 3 months in, in no-gi. Came in second. I do Muay Thai too. Did Sport Kickboxing for 2 years prior to Pankration and Muay Thai.

I’ll be competing on May 10th in Atlanta. I plan on doing Gi and No-Gi, men’s novice and master’s beginners. I’ve been training since November.

Been doing BJJ on/off for over a year.

The tail-end of my formal dojo training (years ago) included two or three hours a week of second-hand BJJ. Our Sensei would go to his own class on the weekend, then translate what he learned to us. It was like playing the telephone game, only instead of a funny sentence, we ended up with a halfway decent Americana. But it was still “fun.”

BJJ Under Ricardo Almeida BB

submission wrestling is my luv. I’ve been competing in mma off and on for 10 years.

Anybody know any grappling schools around Chicago?

[quote]Kansky wrote:
Anybody know any grappling schools around Chicago?[/quote]

where exactly there are quite a few iirc

BJJ off and on for a year. Our school is Relson Gracie affiliate under Phil Cardella, formerly under Tony Torres-Aponte(Royce Gracie).

Muay Thai is my bread and butter though. But the BJJ is finally coming along. Getting flexible enough to pull rubber guard; crazy for my size. The recent addition of wrestling coach is making a HUGE difference for No-Gi.

Had planned on competing in Relson Gracie Tourney @ Baylor today…but I have to make bread. Oh well.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Kansky wrote:
Anybody know any grappling schools around Chicago?

where exactly there are quite a few iirc[/quote]

Sorry, I live in the western suburbs, by O’hare.

Been training for about three years now for mma. Got an extensive wrestling background before getting introduced to BJJ the hard way (damn triangle choke)when i got invited to train at the local mma gym. Can’t get enough of it now, trying to perfect my knee bars and heel hooks from half guard this year.

I’m a 1 year BJJ white belt at Carlson Gracie London. We’re part of BJJ revolution team under Rodrigo Medeiros, an original Carlson blackbelt.

[quote]Boxer666 wrote:
i want to start bjj again. seems like a good way to put on mass and get stronger especially in the muscles there are no exercises for[/quote]

put on mass with bjj??!?!?!?

Train BJJ and Muay Thai. I hope to hit the next NAGA in NJ. Good luck.

I am about to get into it, once I find a place that isn’t for families. I wrestled for 3 years now plus I’m getting into fighting with friends.
If anyone knows of any Catch Wrestling in the Brevard County, Florida area let me know because I’d love to go.

I roll once BJJ in a while… but I took Judo for 8 years…
and did wrestled in college-div 3 and Div 1.
The BJJ and Judo differences are very interesting.

Naturally I am stronger in takedown, and throws,
and loose out on the ground work.

There are lots of good schools in local here.

kcm

[quote]longstreet99 wrote:
Train BJJ and Muay Thai. I hope to hit the next NAGA in NJ. Good luck.[/quote]

See you there…

Wrestled for eight years (two collegiate), though I took three years off because I was burnt out.

I’m missing it now, so I’ll be getting back into it.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
Boxer666 wrote:
i want to start bjj again. seems like a good way to put on mass and get stronger especially in the muscles there are no exercises for

put on mass with bjj??!?!?!?[/quote]

The guy had a boxer in his av, just leave him alone. I’m a purple belt under Gracie Barra, unfortunately my work/ school schedule is very incongruent with training right now, so if it comes to eating or rolling…I can not wait for the day when I can train regularly again.