How many fish oil capsules?

Hi, Nick. Taking your good fats at night, as you’re gearing down energy wise, means that those fats will be used for repair, to create hormones, and integrated into the phospholipid membranes of cells and the myelin sheath of nerves. That’s the goal, anyway. The consensus is that if you take your good fats early in the day, a higher percentage are used for energy, not repair, etc.

The problem with fish oil, though, is that it can be a bit stimulatory, causing difficulty getting to sleep if you take them in the evening – for SOME people, anyway. If you have trouble getting to sleep, you may have to pick another time of day to take your fish oil. I just recently switched to taking my fish oil with my first meal of the day.

Tuna and fish oil for breakfast. Yum! (grin)

topkat thanks for the reply. I’ll keep up the fish oil and see what develops

I take 2 fish oil caps with every meal + 3 tbl of Flax spread throughout the day.

Don’t forget: Salmon is King! If you’re eating salmon on a daily basis, then you should account for the EPA/DHA content in it, as well. Per 3oz. cooked Atlantic Salmon, you not only get a delicious source of protein, but also 1.8g of EPA/DHA.