How Many Fighters Have a Grasp on S&C?

I was watching some video of a guy training for worlds (bjj) awhile back and he was doing everything to 22 reps @ 3 sets.

It would be like chest cable flies/super wide grip bench press/Dumbell press/Chest dips all 3 sets at 22 reps apart from dips.

Legs would be squat/lunges/leg curls and some other stuff and every workout had the same rep and set numbers.

I was just interested if alot of combat athletes do their own programs without much help from coaches specifically known for S&C?

Surely 22 rep sets is shit for building strength and getting ready for competition?

only an irish dude would be so vulgar.

Lifting is only done as GPP. Doing low rep stuff is gonna fry your muscles and, most importantly, your CNS. How does benching or squats really help your punching and kicking?
Speaking of which, maybe those 22 reps they’re doing is with heavy ass weight. In any case, you seem to be focusing more on the strength aspect, and less on the conditioning aspect.
I’d take 315 back squat ATG for 22 reps over 405 BS ATG for 5.

I think the hierarchy is:

• Technique
  • Conditioning
  • Strength

edit: On top of that, it’s BJJ, which means the guy is constantly grappling and moving. Why the fuck would you want to work on your strength as opposed to building up your endurance?

so you can look hot in a rashguard?

this is a weightlifting site-

and not the first time this kind of thread has popped up

bascially its easy to get better at S&C read lifting more shit
then it is to get better at your sport - so peeps get all excited about lifting- or conditioning

but really they play a smaller role in training for fighting then most would like to think.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
only an irish dude would be so vulgar.[/quote]

don’t insult the Irish.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

don’t insult the Irish.

[/quote]

They insult themselves

22 though, I mean shit, that is mental, why not 15?

And it must not be the norm lots of BJJ dudes are swol nowadays, shit look at the leg lock master, looks like a darker Arnold.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

don’t insult the Irish.

[/quote]

They insult themselves[/quote]

The irony.

A simple use of the search function would eliminate the need for this thread. It’s been discussed ad nauseum.

I did search, nothing came up for 22 reps conditioning.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
I did search, nothing came up for 22 reps conditioning.[/quote]

lol is your IQ 22 as well?

these are such retarded posts.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

lol is your IQ 22 as well?

these are such retarded posts.[/quote]

haha. Yes. Yes they are.

I believe I’m going to just post that Predator video again. It’s pretty awesome.

post that shit nukka

here you go - for S& C from shaolin

Nice one Zero.

My strength and conditioning looks something like this.

Pussies. Here’s mine.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:

I read this in Rippetoe’s starting strength, but maximal muscle growth occurs at 5 RPM and 20 RPM.

Again, it has to do with getting work in without tiring out the CNS.

A better question:

How many fighters have a grasp on S&C that fits their sport-specific goals?

Better YET…how many damn times are we gonna have to point out that S&C…is a tool for fighters…not an ends to a mean?? We’ve all seen it…the college wrestling powerhouses…top UFC contenders…doing things that make weightlifting/S&C “fashionistas” cringe and scratch their head. Yeah…there is a degree of “doing it wrong” in reference to S&C for combat athletes…but lets not be purists about something that isn’t “pure.”